frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Simple Custard

So after a conversation in chat, just wanted to post my quick and easy custard recipe. Recipe is for one serve:

2t cornflour
2t sugar
1 egg yolk (cold, straight from fridge or the egg may scramble)
3/4 cup milk
vanilla extract

Place cornflour, sugar, vanilla extract, and a splash of milk in a saucepan, and mix to a paste. Add remaining milk, vanilla extract, and add heat. Whisk, while heating, and bring to just about boiling until it begins to thicken. Take off heat, and whisk through egg yolk.

Note I like a very thick custard. You could get rid of the cornflour and increase to two egg yolks if you prefer. This is by no means a "purist" recipe, but a quick and easy substitute for custard powder.

Serving suggestion: Pour over fresh fruit.

One other variation I've had before is to get a "Chai" teabag, and throw it in the liquid as it is warming up. Delicious spiced custard.

Comments