frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Melbourne's Best Coffee

Comments

• that's great Pat - congratulations!
  • Well deserved! I was down from Sydney in October and Pat and staff treated treated me well and the food and coffee was excellent. I can still remember that salad.  8) It seemed like a bit of a hike from where I was staying in the CBD, but well worth the trip and I've been telling everyone that since. Next time I'm in Melbourne I'll be paying another visit for sure.
  • Thanks TG for the kind words - we're constantly revising what we're doing with our coffee which is great as it means that we're constantly evolving - which feels good And the recent spate of positive publicity hasn't hurt business one bit! In fact on our last trading day fir the year last Thursday we had our busiest week day trading day ever - nearly doubling our average takings - which is great way to finish the year but it also means that we we're inundated with regulars - so it's nice to know that we are loved! I've been consultating for a new cafe retail project in byron and will probably be doing a few guest stints as ring in Barista in early to late January if anyone is in the area and up for a coffee Cheers, Acg
  • hey Pat - would love to but doesn't sound like anyone's going to get within a few hundred miles of the place because of the weather - is it still raining?
  • Not sure I'm still on the nsw south coast relatively isolated in a bush setting across from the beach so I'm not too sure what's happening in the rest of the world - besides it's prob going to be another week before we're in Byron proper...
  • Just booked my flights to Melbourne for the 5th and 6th of March for a wedding and it is with great glee that I see that foxy brown is only just down the road from the ceremony, probably have to drop in before and after. Hope you will be there on Sat arvo Pat. Cheers Brett
  • Hi Brett ironically I've got a bucks do that afternoon and a wedding to go to the following weekend - I will be at work on the sat you're here - though I prob have to leave at 2pm latest Be great to see you though !
  • Might struggle for 2pm do you work sun?
  • Nope - new roster means no work Sundays! Happy to pop in for a coffee though
  • Will find out what the plans are and let you know, looking forward too it. Cheers Brett
  • it's getting to be the time where we start looking at great cafes for Melbourne, so let me know any recommendations and recent new openings... tx A
  • there's been a few great places pop up in melbourne in the last 12 months or so such as monk bodi dharma - who are consistently producing great coffee, and others that I havent had a chance to get to - but it will be interesting to see if the standards have been raised recently, or if we have levelled out a bit!   
  • Melbourne's specialty coffee scene just keeps growing, there's probably close to a dozen new cafes that could make the top 5.
  • Spending 2 or 3 days doing advanced research on this subject in a couple of weeks  ;D The list is long but someones got to do it. Reports to follow.
  • Hi All First Post. Went to the new Padre cafe (League of Honest Coffee). Had a great espresso SO (PNG Sigiri) and love the decor. The painted slayers and roburs are worth a look. BF - Put it on your list, and would be good to catch up in person!. Ben
  • thanks - he will be buying :)
  • I am a poor boy from the country someone sold me really expensive perforated metal things a while back so I am broke ;) I think I might buy a gps with route planner for the pushbike before I come up, so many new coffee places including a long put off trip to Pat's place.
  • hi guys - just got back; thanks to Andreas [in particular] for some great new cafe suggestions - will be checking some out them this weekend! A
  • on 1305360105:
    hi guys - just got back; thanks to Andreas [in particular] for some great new cafe suggestions - will be checking some out them this weekend! A
    Welcome home, when do you arrive back in SA? Jon. :)
  • thanks mate; should be back late Mon. A
  • @ admin shame you couldn't make it to my joint today we did 200 covers for lunch!
  • Sounds like Axil Coffee will be up and going as a cafe later this week. Might need to add another day to the coffee crawl/cycle through the burbs. 200 covers for any service is good going too  :)
  • ... well guys, just got back after a mini-cafe crawl this afternoon, and have to say things are really 'hopping' in Melb; just some great cafes [& more importantly] fantastic coffee... some would say Seattle is the coffee capital of the world at the moment, but having just got back from there, I have to say it's Melbourne [& I don't say that lightly]. A
  • on 1305446644:
    ... well guys, just got back after a mini-cafe crawl this afternoon, and have to say things are really 'hopping' in Melb; just some great cafes [& more importantly] fantastic coffee... some would say Seattle is the coffee capital of the world at the moment, but having just got back from there, I have to say it's Melbourne [& I don't say that lightly]. A
    Welcome back Admin Home Sweet Home  ::) ::) KK
  • thanks mate - great to be back; really excited about this year's Melb best cafes! A
  • Hot from the Twitterverse I can confirm..... Axil Coffee Roasters OPENS tommorrow morning at 7am. @zoedelany @davidmakin @mattperger @RyanKieranTan all on deck!!! That takes care of Friday Lunch for me  :)
  • on 1305613809:
    Hot from the Twitterverse I can confirm..... Axil Coffee Roasters OPENS tommorrow morning at 7am. @zoedelany @davidmakin @mattperger @RyanKieranTan all on deck!!! That takes care of Friday Lunch for me  :)
    meant to ask Bf - did you make it; what did you think?
  • Only had one coffee there due to excessive coffee intake but the long black was excellent. Space is awesome and the staff training is right up to scratch as was the food. I asked the waiter what the S/O tastied like and he was able to give a basic rundown. Was only day 2 but well worth looking at  :)
  • new one in the city - was wondering if anyone's been to it - called Mr Close [apparently a new Campos account]? A
  • on 1306924905:
    new one in the city - was wondering if anyone's been to it - called Mr Close [apparently a new Campos account]? A
    Not a new campos account - a new store owned and set up by campos will inspect soon and get back to you - the head Batista comes from Fidels in Cuba St, Wellington - and is very high credentialed ...