frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Latte Art " Photo Gallery"

edited January 1970 in Off-topic
Just thought I would start a latte art photo gallery

I am personally not that great at latte art but occasionally get one right every now and then

I know that some Crema members are fantastic at it  :o
This thread is for all that try  ;D

As I just fitted a new steam wand on my BZ40 I decided to try and pour a realistic tulip

What do you think
KK

Comments

• I'd be interested in seeing those with em6910 and their coffee art.
  • ROFL you'll be waiting a long long time for mine  ;D  really really hoping the second photo comp isn't latte art (hint hint). In saying that I haven't even tried, maybe when I go and do the Sunbeam course they'll teach me there...
  • Don't worry Nic, my latte art looks like people's bottoms.  So much that I've stopped trying becasue friends thought I was going out of my way to be crude  :'(  I'm not saying that my efforts won't win a prize.... just not on this or any other PG rated site!  ;)
  • took this one recently - let me just say that my latte art is officially crap and I'm quite happy to keep it that way - as I'm more interested in whats in the cup than what's on top of it... oh yeah and its in black and white coz I'm a renaissance man
  • Art is secondary or thirdly to taste for me. I still play around a bit and even in takeaways still make an effort for a rough heart fern or tulip. Being single Hearts for the ladies of course  ;). Had a really good coffee in Melbourne a while back at a place where on purpose no art attempt was made (The Little Mule). Poor Art follows  ;D
  • on 1315870066:
    Don't worry Nic, my latte art looks like people's bottoms.  So much that I've stopped trying becasue friends thought I was going out of my way to be crude  :'(  I'm not saying that my efforts won't win a prize.... just not on this or any other PG rated site!  ;)
    I suffer from the same affliction Brett. Attempting to make a lovely heart for the Little One each morning, alas by the time the cup arrives at her beside, it's a busted-ass and she just gives me "that look" followed by "is that supposed to be funny ?".
  • Here's a sample of mine. Seems my tulips work out better than my rosettas.
  • Is the pic the maximum size allowable? It's 840 by 480
  • on 1315977724:
    Is the pic the maximum size allowable? It's 840 by 480
    Maximum is judged in KB -  Max attachment size per post: 1000KB, - Max size per attachment: 300KB, - Max number of attachments per post: 4 - Multiple files must be under 300kb each   However these sizes suit our forum the best 640 X 480 or 800 X 600 And thanks for the question Gary as it prompted me to update the instruction post to include photo size limits ect  ;D http://www.bestcafes.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=1653.0 KK
  • Hello again. The reason i ask is that the pics i sent here looks a smaller result compared to the other forum, therefore it's difficult to see the latte art. I'll remember to try the 800x600 next time. Reminds me to make an appointment with the optometrist  ::) Gary "blind" at G
  • on 1316010442:
    Hello again. The reason i ask is that the pics i sent here looks a smaller result compared to the other forum, therefore it's difficult to see the latte art. I'll remember to try the 800x600 next time. Reminds me to make an appointment with the optometrist  ::) Gary "blind" at G
    The Crema forum system has a click on the image to expand feature Place your cursor arrow and click on the image to expand it to its full size Click again and it reduces Photos uploaded form ones hard drive are only visible when logged in KK
  • Also due to a different layout this forum has a wider look to others. You can also link in images from outside if you like using the image tags above.
  • I like to do hearts on top of a fern Although this looks like a flower-bud KK
  • Thanks for your help KK  :) I got there eventually. Gary at G
  • Done just after firing of some hard questions to the Crema webhosts so call it Angry Art on top of some Suuweet from mycuppa :)
  • on 1315830759:
    I'd be interested in seeing those with em6910 and their coffee art.
    I'm not very good at latte art, but I managed to pull off a wonky rosetta like pour on my EM6910.
  • looks pretty good to me - may not be perfectly symmetrical, but beautiful separation of of milk & crema!
  • on 1317442376:
    looks pretty good to me - may not be perfectly symmetrical, but beautiful separation of of milk & crema!
    It was a cap for someone so the cocoa helped with the definition!!!
  • I tried my hand at latte art again the other day Here is a couple of photos KK
  • I've been trying my latte art for ages.  I always seem to get half of my coffee on the floor when I fill the cup too much. Today the best heart I've ever had.  Took me ages to get the camera working to get the photo, so it's settled a bit, but this is the best I've done yet.  What do you guys think?  Any good? fb8cf35e.jpg
  • I think its very nice Lacehim  :thumb: Poured from the heart  :thumb: KK
  • Looks Good. I would be very happy if my hearts looked anything like that. Must change the steam tip on my machine, the Boema still has the original one. It is a real skill to get the silky smooth milk each time.
  • I did a great design today by luck I however took a minute or 2 to find the camera  ::) It looked amazing when first poured but lost its sheen waiting for me to take the photo KK
  • Here is one of my efforts  ^-^
  • on 1329914121:
    Here is one of my efforts  ^-^
    Woo nice job  :thumb: KK
  • on 1329914121:
    Here is one of my efforts  ^-^
    Nice work... mine all still look a little too offensive to post on this site but I'm hoping to get some of my better Latte Art pictures published in the new version of Gray's Anatomy. :rofl:
  • :thumb: I would be happy to drink every one of those pics posted here. All those milk textures i'm sure would present a nice creamy mouthfeel, i believe when latte art done well is an indication that the espresso base has been extracted well, the milk textured nicely to the right temperature, and the canvass layer set so that the patterns can be drawn out without being washed out. The traditional Barista in Italy would turn their nose up at these sort of antics, but i believe a well executed latte art does not take too much time away from a good cup of coffee, and it presents the icing on the cake to a well made cup. Here's my breakfast cup taken this morning, and it does look strikingly similar to the new year shot in the other forum. Don't think anyone has done it before, so i present to you perhaps the first ever latte art tulip in a mug. I wonder if this would be a good selling point if i had my own mobile coffee van  :coffee2:...................... Gary at G
  • Nice latte art Gary.  Keep them coming!
  • Did this one today at work .. but really gotta get my rosettas and tulips on track.
  • made a nice one half an hour ago , but then I drank it .so you will just have to trust me it looked pretty good , it was what I call my twister , I must remember to take a pic of one . :-[ :-[