frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

A true Coffee culture OR not ?

edited October 2011 in Social
I understand that  threads re Social gatherings may have been removed from other places where coffee types like to hang out..

Even watching the 6 shows yesterday re the coffee culture and it's roots; coffee is all about the social interaction and freedom of speech.  However it appears that today, this is often under scrutiny and moderation due to fear and misunderstandings by all parties.

That being the case, it has been many months since the Last Great Qld gathering (Some 20 to 30 people turned up).

If any one understands Facebook (BF ;) )  there is an opportunity to set up Coffee Culture Chapters for each state, and thus ALL those  (regardless of forum membership) that enjoy a coffee and a chat and showing off their bling and toys (free from moderation) can organise a meet and get to know the  Forum Alias's  in person.

So who is up for it ?

I am well aware of a number of new members both here and on other forums reside in Brisbane or close to Brisbane.

I am happy to host another QLD gathering at my place... 

Space, power and a back yard full of all sorts of coffee stuff and other common interests.  I am also close to Train and Bus as well as near a major free-way that connects North to South, so access should not be a problem.

My only issue is that my wife has issues dealing with my multiple personalities  :o , and thus I will need some time to organise somthing for her to go and do for the day.

Anger on "We can do it "

Comments

• I've never said this before but it's times like this I wish I lived in QLD  :o
  • on 1318124081:
    I understand that  threads re Social gatherings may have been removed from other places where coffee types like to hang out..
    I thought something looked a little different, didn't twig to what was missing. Always up for a gathering, trouble is I find FB a tad difficult to navigate along with concerns about it re privacy and such.
  • I'm up for a gathering.  I am flat-strap for the next 8 weeks but if a date and time suggested suits I'll be there!  AM, that is really good of you to offer your place as a meeting point.  I loved the Troy cafe gathering because of all the shiny toys and stuff so if it could be arranged that we descend on eg V's and play with the Synesso the that'd be grand too!
  • A gathering is something that I would attend I haven't worked since January and I think I am getting cabin fever KK
  • I'm happy to host a NSW/Sydney gathering almost any saturday at my place. BNZ,E-61, Z9 Project, KKTO, Siphon and CCD are all in stock right now. Thanks AM & KK - will take you up :)
  • I can help out with an Facebook/Twitter stuff that needs doing. I've got a few clients who I consult for in that area, so happy to contribute whenever I can fit it in.
  • Taking some time to actually reading the forum content for the first time in ages  :-[ Sounds like a good idea. Noticed on FB for example recently CH and Hazchem have been pushing the NSW Barista guild along also groups like AASCA, Golden Bean etc using it for an information delivery service. Much as AASCA does a good job for the Baristas and Roasters in Australia it does neglect mainly due to it's fairly high annual membership (please no hate mail its just to expensive!) the coffee nerds like a lot of us are here so a social event or two a year in capital cities or larger regional centres makes sense. If this is to get going then it's nothing to do with FB G+ Twitter Crema or CS it is a gathering of like minded individuals to chat and learn about coffee. So to this end each of those places I mentioned are purely just the advert and pr devices of the NON Group  :)