frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

AASCA Queensland Championships are on this weekend at Di Bella in Brisbane

edited November 2011 in Barista news/Comps etc

AASCA Queensland Championships are on this weekend at Di Bella in Brisbane.

Latte art was on this morning and a solid showing. Adrian had a machine fail 2/3 of the way through his run.. He was able to take it like a man.

Great to see Tim A, JP and many others getting ready OR just being their to support all. Also great to see plenty of friends and work mates turning up. The V's must have almost no one at the shop...

Scotty C, Phil M, Alex T, Alix F and other judges taking the QLD heat and humidity.

Barista comps today 12:00 onwards and Sunday.

All results will be made public Sunday Afternoon.

So if ya get a chance, drop in and have a look and a chat.

I was disqualified in the application stage as it was deemed that the Judges would be too distracted by my HANSOM looks and STYLE
8)

Comments

• on 1322275274:
    I was disqualified in the application stage as it was deemed that the Judges would be too distracted by my HANSOM looks and STYLE 8)
    I can see how that could happen  ;D KK
  • Your a lucky man having all that happen on your front door step AM.
  • on 1322295890:
    Your a lucky man having all that happen on your front door step AM.
    I can see how that could happen as well  ;D KK
  • on 1322295890:
    Your a lucky man having all that happen on your front door step AM.
    Hey, I came from Sydney, so it didn't have to be close ;-)) Nice to watch the new wave of enthusiastic young guns roll into to town, but don't discount the seasoned competitors at the open heats next year in Melb! Caught up with AM, talked a lot about rose coloured glasses & Monsoon Malabar.......... Those guys from D&D who organised it did an amazing job! Hats off to Peter & Penny Wolff. As did the guys from Di Bella who loaned AASCA the board room on Friday for judging calibrations & the training facility for practice & the run of the place all day Sunday to run & prep 2 events. Not to mention Daylan, Freddie & the crew, lovely girls from Blue Skye who worked non stop for 3 days running & organising! I think all the video shot over the Sat & Sun was dumped to a HD, so it might be available to view. I'll keep you posted. Cheers, Phil