frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

2009 South Australian Barista Competition-Results!

Well last fri and saturday at the royal adelaide show, the SA regional's barista, latte art and cupping championships were held.  It was a BIG couple of days for everyone involved, with the barista comp starting at 3pm on the Fri and not finnishing till 9:30pm!!  The final results were:

1st place/ Fiefy  - Using Fiori coffee (from WA) with a massive score of 710!!
2nd place/ Ian Callahan (me) - using five senses coffee (score, 660)
3rd place/ Even - Using the Aroma Fresh blend he serves in his cafe (Soul Food) (score 560, i think?)

The next day we had the latte art and cupping comps, which kicked off at around 3:30pm and finnished around 7pm.  Here are the results:

1st Place/ Johnny Pisenneli (who works sometimes at Cibo, norwood, but is a studying pastry chef)- using Five Senses coffee
Runner Up/ Mark Bowler (BraceGirdles)- using Atomica

Cupping:
1st place/ Brian Raslan - Proprietor of the SA coffee academy with 5 correct at 5min 35sec
2nd and 3rd place/ Jointly held by Ian Callahan (me) of Five Senses and Anya Sereda (who doesn't really work anywhere, though sometimes at the Coffee Barun) with 5 correct at 8min 00sec

Congratulations to all the competitors who all did a fantistic job, and a big BIG pat on the back for Matty (Donas650) who did an extraordinary job running around keeping the whole thing together!!

Comments