frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Bendigo's Best Coffee

edited January 1970 in Cafe reviews
After a number of weeks walking past the new coffee place in Mitchell St. Bendigo, (street running off from the fountain in CBD) I finally paid a visit. The Naked Espresso Bar does coffee. There's a fridge with drinks but near as I can tell, no food.

Jesse used to manage t'Hooft, one of the better coffee places in town - the other was The Old green Bean - and he's got a Slayer 3 group machine & has a Costa Rica bean for black/macch's and Velvet Assassin for milks. I walked in and mentioned I'd been past a few times and just wanted to see if it lived up to the name - peered around the machine and saw 3 x naked PF's - he laughed and mentioned it was good not to get comments about clothing.

He uses VST baskets - from what I saw 22g's but used a weighed 18g of grind for a double. That leaves almost 1cm from the top in the VST's.

So, long strong macchiato - he watches his nakeds on the pre-infusion setting until he judges it right time and then flicks to pour - thick honey ensues. Because I asked for long and strong he did it twice. Uses the same double wall glasses I got for Xmas - a great innovation for delicate fingers although mine got inured to hot glass a long time back.

Not a trace of bitterness nor sourness and a crema per double shot of over 1cm. I asked for sugar but tasted it first - didn't need the sugar. I can't recall the last time a caf