frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Brown beans with reasonable freight

With taking off on our 'gap year' i have a lot of disappointed clients who are wondering where they will get their freshly roasted beans for the next 12 months!

Does anyone have any recommendations for roasters that ship to remote corners of australia at competitive prices??

Comments

• on 1415528375:
    With taking off on our 'gap year' i have a lot of disappointed clients who are wondering where they will get their freshly roasted beans for the next 12 months! Does anyone have any recommendations for roasters that ship to remote corners of australia at competitive prices??
    I would be glad to roast for youre friends while you are away on youre gap year  that way they will get the same roast from the same roaster type But I don't have control of freight costs KK
  • Ministry Grounds and MyCuppa both have reasonable freight - but it does depend on quantity.
  • on 1415528375:
    With taking off on our 'gap year' i have a lot of disappointed clients who are wondering where they will get their freshly roasted beans for the next 12 months! Does anyone have any recommendations for roasters that ship to remote corners of australia at competitive prices??
    If your (lot of) clients can get together, combine their orders and share the freight with a 'central delivery and pick up point', it should work out cost effective using either of the above mentioned suppliers. If they can work out (through you) the average weight for each combined order, I'm sure KK can check out his freight/packing charge and as he said, supply browns roasted in the same style. Sounds workable to me!
  • on 1415571398:
    If your (lot of) clients can get together, combine their orders and share the freight with a 'central delivery and pick up point', it should work out cost effective using either of the above mentioned suppliers. If they can work out (through you) the average weight for each combined order, I'm sure KK can check out his freight/packing charge and as he said, supply browns roasted in the same style. Sounds workable to me!
    I thought about that, but I dont think they are likely to do so! Its human laziness, when they can just pop round and pick a bag up its fine, but unless I found someone here who wanted to act almost as a distributer for a small cut, I dont think it will work. I really just want to give them all a recommendation for an alternate source, would be nice if it were a sponsor from here. I appreciate KK's offer, but I dont think it would be even worth his while, the time involved in the whole thing would make it less than cost effective I think.
  • You're probably right, it can be difficult to get one 'human' to play along, let alone a lot of them! At least they should take consolation in knowing you have at least thought of them and tried.  :thumb: I'm sure they will be eagerly waiting for your gap year to end if they have only supermarket coffee(?) available.  :D Although since they have been primed on your product, it seems highly unlikely they'll be going down that aisle.