frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

F.S: Elektra Semi-automatica (SYD)

I have an Elektra Semi-automatica for sale, as it doesn't get used often enough. It's a beautiful machine and in very good condition. Just had a new pump and a service. The exterior is in VERY good condition, the UNDERSIDE of the base has had some surface rust, i completely stripped the machine and treated the rust with an anti-rust paint. The top of the base in very good condition. It comes with one genuine Elektra double p/f, i can throw in a good 58mm tamper if needed.
It is located in Sydney, reluctant to post, but would do so and pack well at buyers request. I can also get insurance if requested by the buyer. I work at a coffee machine place, and just see too many damaged postal machines, so would prefer local sale to avoid disappointment.

Price is $800 as is, or as another option i can get a new base fitted if requested for an additional $400

Comments

• Hello Michael, How bad was the rust and is there any potential for it to be an issue in the future (now that you have painted over it)? Just curious as you offered to replace the base (at a cost of course  ;)). Any other issues with the machine at all? From the pictures it appears the the rest of the machine is in good nick. Any other scratches or dents that we can't see in the pictures? Given it is a 2008 model, any performance challenges? Having used the machine and seeing a lot of machines, in your opinion how well does it stand up to it's espresso making credentials (as seen in online reviews)? Thanks in advance for your time and assistance. Pete
  • on 1425865040:
    Hello Michael, How bad was the rust and is there any potential for it to be an issue in the future (now that you have painted over it)? Just curious as you offered to replace the base (at a cost of course  ;)).
    The rust was mainly surface rust with some minor pitting, it shouldn't get any worse, as long as it stays dry (ie-no leaks develop) I work as a coffee tech and see alot of these machines and most of them and pavonis have some rust somewhere in the base
    on 1425865040:
    Any other issues with the machine at all? From the pictures it appears the the rest of the machine is in good nick. Any other scratches or dents that we can't see in the pictures?
    No other issues, works perfectly, and exterior is in VERY good condition, one of the best i've seen
    on 1425865040:
    Given it is a 2008 model, any performance challenges?
    These Elektra are like fancy Italian sportscars - they are beautiful works of art, but do have their 'quirks' like no autofill , small drip tray , small steam wand etc, hot exposed boiler...
    on 1425865040:
    Having used the machine and seeing a lot of machines, in your opinion how well does it stand up to it's espresso making credentials (as seen in online reviews)?
    I love it, i can get just as good a shot of it as my E61 Diadema, the Diadema will have to stay as its more user friendly for other users. If it were up to me , i'd keep the Elektra. ** fixed up your quotes for you :) Lacehim **
  • Thanks for fixing my last post Lacehim, was in a hurry :), machine is now sold pending payment. Thanks all
  • Darn.... Missed it!  Curse you gainful employment.  Wife would have said no anyway!
  • Hello Michael,  I tried to send a you a PM re this but apparently I don't have enough credits yet. Is the sale of the Elektra complete, or is it still available ??.  I'm currently on the lookout for a good used Casa a Lever or a Semi-Automatica. It seems most likely that yours is gone, but wanted to check - just in case. Cheers,    deegee.
  • Sorry Deegee, it has been sold and delivered to its new owner. They don't come up for sale often, did see one on the bay of evil a couple of weeks ago, but not sure if its still available. It was more expensive, and also seemed to be missing the bolt that holds the pump in place, not quite sure how they managed that....