frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Kevo's Bezzera Strega Lever

Bezzera Strega Lever.

Purchased new in June 2013 from Austins Crema at Broadmeadow, Newcastle via Bezzera QLD.
Great condition with minor scuff marks on the drip tray.
Currently fitted with an IMS shower screen purchased at MICE this year, but still have the original.
One group has the double spout (it can be swapped to a single) as the supplied single spout group was machined naked.
All the usual accessories that were supplied in the box are available including the multi-lingual manual and the invaluable plastic tamper and spoon! I can also pitch in a couple of SS milk pitchers if desired.
Cup warmer has always had a latex type non-slip mat in place, so no scuffing there.

Somebody is bound to ask, so I’ll attempt to answer the “why are you selling?” now.
Basically I have been tempted (for the want of a better word) by the LM GS3.  :P
Mainly, as some other lever owners have declared in the forums, my (height challenged) partner has struggled with its use. So in an effort to maintain peace and harmony in the house and to assist me in overcoming the loss of this fantastic machine, it’s being sold……. for a GS3.

ALSO: Selling a Mazzer Mini and Breville BCG800 Smart Grinder. (recouping more funds :P)

Mazzer was purchased from Di Bartoli in December 2011 but virtually had no use for the last 18 months or so, as I have been using a large BNZ with the Strega. Finger guard and tamper removed but still have them with the manual.
BCG800 is about 5 or 6 years old but only used for 1 plunger brew 5 days a week for 44 wks/yr over the last 4 years.
Both grinders work faultlessly, other than the BCG800’s ‘Start/Cancel button that has come loose and I just can’t permanently fit it back in. Stays in and works fine on the bench and only comes out when tipped over.
Mazzer: Asking $390
Breville: Asking $90.

Comments

• LOL...Gents I fear that this thread may solve many of the worlds problems but fail to sell a Strega.  As KK is AWOL and usually the good guy who keeps everyone on target I'll have to be restrained and remind us that we are selling a darn fine espresso lever machine... As much I appreciate the excellent discussions!!
    on 1447894097:
    Selling The Witch! Bezzera Strega Lever. :'( Purchased new in June 2013 from Austins Crema at Broadmeadow, Newcastle via Bezzera QLD. Great condition with minor scuff marks on the drip tray. Currently fitted with an IMS shower screen purchased at MICE this year, but still have the original. One group has the double spout (it can be swapped to a single) as the supplied single spout group was machined naked. All the usual accessories that were supplied in the box are available including the multi-lingual manual and the invaluable plastic tamper and spoon! I can also pitch in a couple of SS milk pitchers if desired. Cup warmer has always had a latex type non-slip mat in place, so no scuffing there. Happy for anyone to try/experience before and/or on pick up from Maitland NSW. Somebody is bound to ask, so I’ll attempt to answer the “why are you selling?” now. Basically I have been tempted (for the want of a better word) by the LM GS3.  :P Mainly, as some other lever owners have declared in the forums, my (height challenged) partner has struggled with its use. So in an effort to maintain peace and harmony in the house and to assist me in overcoming the loss of this fantastic machine, it’s being sold……. for a GS3. So, now to the crunch of the matter. How much? I would like to see it re-housed fairly quickly (to help fill the void in my bank account) but it won’t be a sacrifice, so asking (a partial sacriced $1990. Pickup from Maitland NSW. ALSO: Selling a Mazzer Mini and Breville BCG800 Smart Grinder. (recouping more funds :P) Mazzer was purchased from Di Bartoli in December 2011 but virtually had no use for the last 18 months or so, as I have been using a large BNZ with the Strega. Finger guard and tamper removed but still have them with the manual. BCG800 is about 5 or 6 years old but only used for 1 plunger brew 5 days a week for 44 wks/yr over the last 4 years. Both grinders work faultlessly, other than the BCG800’s ‘Start/Cancel button that has come loose and I just can’t permanently fit it back in. Stays in and works fine on the bench and only comes out when tipped over. Mazzer: Asking $390 Breville: Asking $90.
  • Hi, Is your strega still available? I am interested, so please feel free to PM me. Cheers!