frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Melb. Coffee week' and Aust Barista Champs

edited January 1970 in Barista news/Comps etc
hi guys, just to keep you up to date:

"Thursday 10 March marks the beginning of Melbourne Coffee Week (MCW), an entire week of coffee fuelled events celebrating Melbourne’s coffee culture. To kick-start the festivities, Panama Dining Room will host the MCW official launch party and the ASCA Australian Coffee in Good Spirits Championship.

From 11 – 12 March, Veneziano Coffee Roasters in Richmond will host the ASCA Australian Brewers Cup Championship, and Australian Huhtamaki Cup Tasters Championship on 12 March.

The Melbourne International Coffee Expo (MICE) will host the ASCA Australian Barista Championship from 17 – 19 March.

A

Comments

• Hi Admin, and lets not forget the RASV (Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria) Epicure Events, Australian International Coffee Awards ;) ! I will be @ MICE Wed arvo and Thursday morning. My base will be the BFC stand, where they are showcasing their new Aviator espresso coffee machine... If anyone wants to meet / shake hands, come on down and if I am not on the stand, they (the BFC team) will call and ask me to come back in. I wont be too far away... Cheers to all, Attilio
  • What is this new Aviator of which you speak.  I'm not in the market of course but knowledge is power...... Better start a new thread before a stuffy old Mod comes along an  :pan
  • Hey guys - congrats to Hugh Kelly!! Press release:  Hugh Kelly of Ona Coffee has been crowned the 2016 Australian Barista Champion. The Australian Barista Championship was held at the Melbourne International Coffee Expo (MICE), which took place from 17 – 19 March at the Melbourne Showgrounds. “It’s an amazing feeling. Winning hasn't really sunk in yet, but I’m obviously very happy,” Hugh said. It was a close battle between the top six competitors, with Veneziano Coffee Roasters' Jade Jennings placing second, and Axil Coffee Roasters' Matthew Lewin taking third place. Hugh has kept the barista title within the Ona family for the second year running after Company Director Sasa Sestic won the event in 2015.