frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

How many NesCrappo or Instant lovers have you 'turned'?

As I delivered some freshly roasted beans last night to one of my colleagues at the Opera company I was thinking what a big old coffee whorel I have become.  I've turned some pretty accomplished people over the years and would even go so far as to say my fresh brown musk was one of the cards in the deck of our Kelsey's 'turning'..... SO......

Who have you turned from ratsh!it to riches... roasting-wise.

KK is one of the professional entrants in this competition because well obviously he charged money for it and has many, many happy endings.... err... customers :D

Comments

• im about to do coffee catering for the local tennis club tournament which has until now always been an instant coffee affair - looking forward to it ! p
  • on 1499124172:
    As I delivered some freshly roasted beans last night to one of my colleagues at the Opera company I was thinking what a big old coffee whorel I have become.  I've turned some pretty accomplished people over the years and would even go so far as to say my fresh brown musk was one of the cards in the deck of our Kelsey's 'turning'..... SO...... Who have you turned from ratsh!it to riches... roasting-wise. KK is one of the professional entrants in this competition because well obviously he charged money for it and has many, many happy endings.... err... customers :D
    haha, actually I've tried numerous times, but just about always on a losing battle - the people who have them just love the convenience and it seems to outweigh everything else, including flavour (scary) :'(
  • Yes, I've found that many relapse despite being shown the light. 
  • I've actually ended up getting my blend packed in biodegradable compostable pods knowing that some people can't be swayed! They are getting pretty good reviews from the pod people ;)  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Wow Luke, that's above and beyond ;)
  • I can't claim to have turned any instant or pod drinkers, but I have managed to get someone I know to stop using supermarket beans at home with his Breville BES840 and Sunbeam EM0480. Initially he went to solely using freshly roasted coffee (either from me or a local roaster), to starting to roast on a popper. Now he roasts on a Behmor and has bought my old Compak K8 Silenzio. I'd say that's a significant journey of improvement.
  • on 1499544098:
    I can't claim to have turned any instant or pod drinkers, but I have managed to get someone I know to stop using supermarket beans at home with his Breville BES840 and Sunbeam EM0480. Initially he went to solely using freshly roasted coffee (either from me or a local roaster), to starting to roast on a popper. Now he roasts on a Behmor and has bought my old Compak K8 Silenzio. I'd say that's a significant journey of improvement.
    HUGE WIN!!
  • I have converted two people from pods but honestly people around me are so ignorant of the quality of the coffee that I consider getting them to consider a real grinder (instead of a whirling blade).
  • ....I have lost count ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • When I'm away from home living in hotels I love my whirly grinder and French press. Sure it's not a patch on a Lux grinder but it's much cleaner and lighter.  When your time and inclination demands fast hassle-free coffee it's often the best of a bad bunch.
  • just spent a couple of weeks away recently and I took my hario hand grinder and my aeropress with me took awhile to grind the coffee but damn it tasted delicious when I did so as some of the local coffee I tried was, er, underwhelming...
  • Lol... Exactly my reason for BYO.  I've a couple of away gigs later in the year and will be taking my tried and true brewing toys and beans.  Survival!!