frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Crazy Coffee requests.

edited February 2018 in Have your say
I rarely read mainstream news, but was shown this article.

I got a laugh from it, as my family has robust discussions about "vegan philosophy", diet fads and nutrition.

Hope you get a chuckle from it:

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/lifestyle/double-barrel-kitchens-jessica-winters-reveals-craziest-coffee-requests-at-her-gold-coast-cafe/news-story/80f37a5636154fc2daca9850990dafb9

Comments

• Hehehe ah that's awesome... yep I remember some very odd orders in all my years of barista work.. It's amazing! And it's good in a way as it expanded our skillsets in learning how to prepare really different orders. To each their own, but some really didn't make sense... I do remember a favourite: a large, soy, 1/8 strength decaf latte. We had no idea what to do with the 1/8 strength, I think we even asked them how much coffee and so it was literally a teaspoons worth XD
  • I still get orders for 'dry' cappuccinos occasionally - all foam and no 'watery' milk It only seems to come from Americans so I just humour them coz  I figure that they probably wouldn't know a good coffee if it slapped them in the face anyway! P