frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

My new roaster - Phantom

Hey guys. I recently purchased a new roaster for my slowly growing business based near Ballarat in country Vic. I’ve had some teething problems mostly caused by my lack of knowledge and the lack of knowledge of my local gas fitters! I finally got onto a good one on my third attempt and am now slowly up and running (more like a brisk walk!!)

d7c7424bd319269a3abefdded29385d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• WOW!!!!  Serious WOW!!!!!!!!! How wonderful when a hobby starts to sustain itself.  That is a fantastic looking bit of kit!!!! How are you exhausting out of that room?
  • Not sure it’s sustaining itself at present, just allowing for bigger toys (don’t tell my wife!!) At the moment with 125mm heatproof flex pipe Brett for trial only but next week (or the week after) it will be flued properly up through the roof. And commissioned by a suitably qualified gas fitter. The shed it’s in has fully insulated walls and roof and is 6x4 Metres purpose built for roasting in (wish it was three times the size!) It has aircon to control the temp and a couple of exhaust fans for safety sake too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • on 1525485076:
    Not sure it’s sustaining itself at present, just allowing for bigger toys (don’t tell my wife!!) At the moment with 125mm heatproof flex pipe Brett for trial only but next week (or the week after) it will be flued properly up through the roof. And commissioned by a qualified gas fitter. The shed it’s in has fully insulated walls and roof and is 6x4 Metres purpose built for roasting in (wish it was three times the size!) It has aircon to control the temp and a couple of exhaust fans for safety sake.
    Looks like a great setup to meet your needs. I’ve got roast envy now. [emoji106]
  • Wonderful stuff Luke!!!  Sounds like a brilliant setup mate!
  • That's awesome!! Very nice upgrade. Serious roaster envy now hahah
  • Congrats on the new roaster and best of luck that the business grows  :thumb: KK
  • Thanks guys :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Luke do you mind me asking where you bought this? CRA? Talk Coffee?
  • on 1528758295:
    Luke do you mind me asking where you bought this? CRA? Talk Coffee?
    Direct from CRA as it was their demo machine. I think if your in vic talk coffee is the go to though  he is their agent. Chris has been super helpful with some minor issues I’ve had especially good considering I didn’t buy through him. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • on 1529051198:
    Direct from CRA as it was their demo machine. I think if your in vic talk coffee is the go to though  he is their agent. Chris has been super helpful with some minor issues I’ve had especially good considering I didn’t buy through him. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok thanks for that. We are in NZ and are looking for some options for a new roaster. It’s slim pickings over here so it may be worth talking to CRA or another Australian supplier. Probably looking in the 15-20kg range.
  • I believe they have just released a 15kg and also do a 22kg. In saying that if you wanted a 10 (second hand) Chris is selling his has garanti. I’ve used it a fair bit and it’s great! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk