frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Roasting for immersion Cold Brew

edited January 1970 in Roasting - How To do it
Hey guys. I’ve been approached to roast for someone who wants to take nitro cold brew to farmers markets.

I’m led to believe that lighter roasts (think filter style) don’t work well as cold brew due and that you require a slightly darker roasted (think normal espresso not supermarket espresso roast) and a “punchier blend” to really get much out of it.

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• The roast depth that is best in my cold brew trials is to roast beyond past 1st crack and go to a roast depth just before second crack KK
  • Thanks KK that’s what I was thinking as well. More than filter less than traditional espresso for milk based. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I've done a lot of roasts for cold brew and it depends what outcome you're trying to achieve sometimes a filter roast can bring out lovely fruit flavours but it needs to be gve right bean suited to this profile also i prefer to age my coffee so that the oils are just starting to come to the surface, as it's the oils that you're trying to capture in the cold brew, and yes, a darker than usual roast can help to achieve this !
  • Thanks Pat appreciate the input Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • on 1539493591:
    I've done a lot of roasts for cold brew and it depends what outcome you're trying to achieve sometimes a filter roast can bring out lovely fruit flavours but it needs to be gve right bean suited to this profile also i prefer to age my coffee so that the oils are just starting to come to the surface, as it's the oils that you're trying to capture in the cold brew, and yes, a darker than usual roast can help to achieve this !
    Well said mate!!  I completely agree with this.  When I've had a cold-brew that is all citrus and berries I can't help but lusting after something that actually tastes like coffee :D
  • on 1539655230:
    Lol
    so accurate and we'll put!