frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

2020 Green Beans discussion

edited March 14 in Green Beans
Hello everybody! Where are we getting Greens from in 2019? 

I like Aye Karamba but are there others?

Yes there is a green forum but I never had as much luck with their products as I had with other suppliers!

Comments

• on 1554607044:
    Hello everybody! Where are we getting Greens from in 2019?  I like Aye Karamba but are there others? Yes there is a green forum but I never had as much luck with their products as I had with other suppliers!
    Since you are a Brisbane local you could try ICT KK
  • Yeah I'm curious where you guys have been getting your greens from! Still get from CS a little, but have been finishing off the lot I got from @Lwowiak which I've thoroughly enjoyed, but recently when DiBartoli had a sale I grabbed 4kg of their Colombian Supremo Popayan, and wow I'm absolutely loving this one... also got some Sidamo from them which I haven't roasted up yet. But I'm gonna have to order some soon, curious where you guys are getting yours :)
  • Cool... I’ve never tried Dibartoli! ICT... ? I don’t know these!
  • on 1554681713:
    Cool... I’ve never tried Dibartoli! ICT... ? I don’t know these!
    Brett the ITC business is a coffee bean wholesaler but will sell in small lots or find a friend and split a bag Go for a drive Opening Hours: Monday-Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm Unit 4. 7 O’Connell Terrace Bowen Hills QLD 4006 Australia Warehouses in VIC, WA and QLD KK
  • on 1554681713:
    Cool... I’ve never tried Dibartoli! ICT... ? I don’t know these!
    Yeah am a fan of DiBartoli, have been buying equipment from them for years, great service and very helpful. Have ordered already roasted beans from them in the past and they were delightful.. keen to roast and try my Sidamo (a natural processed bean, think I'm in for a fun roast XD )
  • So I happened to be driving past the head-office of ICT no 3- minutes ago running errands. I mistakenly stopped in to buy greens but of course it’s not their warehouse.  Nonthel4ss a fine young man took time out of his day to chat to me about coffee and then he made me a coffee on their modest office setup (GS3and EK43... doesn’t every office have these LOL ). The Cooroy Roaster coffee Raihaan made for me was nothing short of exceptional. Needless to say I’ve place an order for 25kg of greens and I can’t wait to try them. These guys are importers and the beans I saw as samples were very, very fresh and beautifully graded irrespective of the origin. ICT Green Room ... can’t wait!
  • That’s great news Brett Did they have any Sumatran KK
  • None that I could see but there is a great looking monsooned malabar robusta :O
  • Wow... I’ve just tried a first roast of the beans from ICT: The Green Room. These guys are direct importers!!!  That should say it all as far as small fry home roasters are concerned! Also, their prices are amazing! I’m getting espresso pours like  I’ve not seen in a while. As green Beans age I’ve wondered about their loss of quality. The beans I’ve been buying last year have not seemed up to par (excluding Stan’s fine offerings) which is not to be unexpected as I’m such a small consumer. It’s nice to think that this level of quality is again open to folks like me! I’m not on the payroll and I’m not getting special treatment for posting positive stuff... I just want them to be around for a long while so I don’t have to buy beans that are .... old stock! I’ll post this on the FB site as well. So the other 2 people who currently use the forum can read it  >:D
  • That's awesome to hear Brett! I just jumped on their site and went to the shop, managed to find some beans on offer in other places on the site, but couldn't find any prices or shipping info or anything, I guess it's just a matter of contacting them to organise what beans you want and prices? If they indeed have a warehouse in Victoria that'd be swell...
  • Ah sorry I was on the wrong site hehe, I was just on the ICT site, but here https://www.ictgreenroom.com/shop Is the green beans! Looks awesome...
  • The Monsoon Malabar Robusta is amazing!
  • Bean Green and Ministry of Grounds are great if you are looking for the best green coffee beans in Australia at great prices as well. Take a look at their websites so see the range of green coffee beans that they have available for home roasters.
  • Hi KB, have you had an order from BeanGreen recently? Are they up and running?
  • Not recently Brett. For the past few years I have been buying 60kg sacks at wholesale to feed to my contract roaster. When I was starting out Bean Green were excellent. I see that their website is still there so it looks like they are still running...
  • I don’t know if BG are in the domestic market any more to be honest! Would love somebody to confirm.
  • I haven't really been able to find anything out one way or the other either Brett.
  • Okies, I just went for another look and their site seems to be working fine. I asked the other day about them because their site didn't seem to be working, for me anyway, but it seems to be all ok now.
  • Thanks for the update CB!
  • You're welcome. I've just stocked up a bit on greens too. Oh well, next time.
  • Brett I was trying to find out what payment methods ICT accept. I've set up an account but am a bit lost there. Thanks. Also how how are the postage costs?
  • I just pulled the trigger on 6 kilos so now the wait begins. Pity I don't have a roaster to roast them in  >:D
  • What what wat!? PLoise explane!?!?
  • I am still waiting for the wire to arrive to fix the roasting drum :(.
  • on 1561791628:
    I am still waiting for the wire to arrive to fix the roasting drum :(.
    Of course you are... sorry, a very blonde moment ;)
  • Ha ha ha, no worries. I have blonde moments on a daily basis  8) Fingers crossed we will be back at it this week.
  • Any idea roughly how long it takes The Green Room to get their orders out Brett? I am always nervous with first orders  ;D
  • They are quick, postage is not. :/ It will be worth the wait!! Guaranteed. What did you get?
  • I just had 5 kilos arrive today so no real hurry  ;) Attached a screen shot of my order for your perusal  ^-^
  • ICT order has shipped. Do they usually email out tracking numbers?