frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

New KKTO expressions of interest survey

Hi All,

Koffee Kosmo has finalised plans for the new KKTO, and is taking expressions of interest on production.

If he gets enough interest, we'll proceed with taking deposits to fund the manufacturing of components.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6KGPSWM

Comments

• be nice to see a working prototype of the proposed model I know visuals arent everything but they're still very compelling when it comes to making a purchase decision. P
  • on 1558828049:
    be nice to see a working prototype of the proposed model I know visuals arent everything but they're still very compelling when it comes to making a purchase decision. P
    That is fine if I was a business and willing to have one made for 3 times the cost of what it would cost to make 100 units or more However this project is to offer enthusiasts a roaster at cost And yes I plan to pay myself for assembly of all the parts ( it’s either me or the engineering shop ) and I’m cheaper per hour The original roaster has a proven record of over a 10 year period And that won’t change in the updated design What the updated design does is remove the DIY components and enhancing all the functions by manufacturing the individual components that make up the roaster to capture its full potential KK
  • This new project from KK is of interest to myself, especially if the end result is fine tuned, as it would be handy to have two roasters. I can see potential for slight improvements on my current unit. I have considered an electrical 1.5 to 2kg roaster, but have not been impressed  with any that are reasonably priced. Spending over $10k for a home roaster would result in a very unhappy wife. The "bullet" is interesting, but has some limitations. I was informed that an electric roaster is in the planning stage by a reputable Roaster supplier. Due to his workload, I do not think anything will be launched or even at prototype stage in the next two years. For the cost, what KK offers is very reasonable, as $1000 buys very little these days. As to a power supplier for the agitator, look no further than your old cable or ADSL modem. With everyone moving to NBN and receiving a new modem, the old units are obsolete, but the power sources are still very good. I use one from my old cable modem, and find it is very reliable. The unit that came with my roaster had some damaged wiring, and was prone to cutting out, whereas its replacement performs perfectly, 100% of the time.