frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

what equipment are you using?

Comments

• on 1304776052:
    C'mon bf, List it out... Pictures as well  :). It is a grand collection!!
    Must get some better photos of some of the toys, not with the phone camera. As to listing it out scary prospect it might make me think about insurance or replacement values ::)
  • Bezerra Domus Galatea Mazzer Mini Reg Barber flat base tamper Coretto roaster And of course jugs, cups, and other assorted stuff. Have recently made a "successful" concerted effort to dispose of a lot of the unused coffee paraphernalia I have accumulated over the past 40 years. ;)
  • Hottop B Expobar Minore Mazzer Kony E Various tampers, cups & related stuff. Chemex Syphon French Press Aroma Kit Etc...
  • Hi everyone I thought this would be an appropriate spot for my first post, I just migrated here from that other forum. I have a rather long list of equipment, and as I keep promising my wife, will one day trim it down but it instead it always gets bigger.  It includes: Home: VBM Domobar Junior & ECA/Anfim Best Chrome Grinder & Sunbeam EM0480 for decaf duties Office: Nuova Simonelli Oscar & Gino Rossi CC45 with electronic doser (i.e. push button doser and no lever) Shed: Rocket Giotto PP (immaculate condition), La Pavoni Europiccola (resto job), Bezerra BZ35 (resto job), Nemox Junior (immaculate condition), Eureka MDMCA (considering repainting for fun), Isomac Professionale, Nuova Simonelli Grinta (been trying to source new burrs for months now). Kind of scary now that I read back on what I've written. Anyway look forward to blogging here and learning more about my obsession from you all John
  • Hi John - welcome to Crema - hope you enjoy the environment... feel free to put any other personal info. [occupation, location or whatever] on the 'I'm new here' thread in Have your say; once again welcome to the forum. A
  • Thanks AM great to 'see' you again. This is Caffeine Junky from the other site. I saw your other thread regarding the RR45, sorry I can't help.
  • on 1279966461:
    ahhh gear. toys. there's never enough is there? Espresso Machine:   Miss Silvia Brewed coffee:        Clever coffee dripper Grinder:                  Compak K10WBC & Mahlkonig Vario Tamper:                  Pullman Barista Convex, Deluxe convex, Espro Convex Roaster:                  Genecafe trying to decide what needs to be upgraded next .... roaster or espresso machine? I'm leaning towards replacing Miss Silvia at the moment
    quoting myself so I can add in what I'm using at work - Espresso: La Marzocco Linea - 3 group volumetric, PID, high cup, .8 restrictors Grinder: Mazzer Robur-e & my Vario for decaf duties. brewed coffee options likely to come soon ...
  • I have just replaced my Expobar Minore III so here is a update on my equipment. IZZO Alex Dueto II Naked porter filter with triple  basket Eureka MDM Mondial 20kg grinder Concept-Art knock box drawer Concept-Art Tamper Demaral tamper Bumper tamper stand Two Motta milk jugs Friis one way valve coffee storage bin for coffee in use ACF Red 220ml cups..P1040022.jpgP1040023.jpg
  • on 1307159813:
    Nice set up there Gra... What happened to the retired unit ? AM
    Sitting in the front room at the moment till I move her on to a new home.. 8) Cheers Gra..
  • realised have long neglected to add my home collection here: main unit: Diadema Reale; when it's not working - which thankfully is not often: backup: second-hand Giotto [not the 'Premium', the earlier model]. grinder: Anfim 'Best' cheers A PS tamper - bit of a 'no-name' [heavy aluminium] I'm afraid
  • Time for an update: Home: Rancilio S24 Mazzer Super Jolly Sunbeam e480 KKTO Hario Syphon Clever Coffee Dripper Tampers too numerous to mention! Work: BFC Synchro 3 group Mazzer Robur Compak WBC K10 Mazzer Mini Ditting Hario syphon Clever coffee dripper Tampers numerous but Concept art and Reg Barber radical pro get a workout
  • Holy Toledo Bean Flying...I knew your collection was grand but... I have and love: BFC Unico Splendor Fiorenzato F5 Rancilio Rocky Pullman 1st run tamper Behmor 1600 BBQ roaster 1-2kg (rough and ready and semi retired) Lots of Poppers 37kg of Greens Nemox Lux grinder and plunger fo work. Pyrex glass percolator or Stove Top for giggles. I am very happy with my setup and not looking to upgrade however if someone donated me a GS3 and a Nina I would always find room.
  • Hello I remember when I first came across all these great coffee forums, the very first thing I would ever do is find the section where everybody showcases their setup. It
  • on 1308703042:
    Hello I remember when I first came across all these great coffee forums, the very first thing I would ever do is find the section where everybody showcases their setup. It
  • Thanks for the warm welcome Dry Bean.
  • on 1307158916:
    I have just replaced my Expobar Minore III so here is a update on my equipment. IZZO Alex Dueto II Naked porter filter with triple  basket Eureka MDM Mondial 20kg grinder Concept-Art knock box drawer Concept-Art Tamper Demaral tamper Bumper tamper stand Two Motta milk jugs Friis one way valve coffee storage bin for coffee in use ACF Red 220ml cups
    Why the upgrade Gra? If you don't mind sharing the upgradis story that is. You haven't had the Minore that long.
  • Craig from 9Bar dropped in a new 3-group Synchro - fresh off the boat from BFC in Italy. It's only 10:30am and I've had 12 espresso already..........each one better than the last.
  • on 1308724099:
    Why the upgrade Gra? If you don't mind sharing the upgradis story that is. You haven't had the Minore that long.
    The only reason for the upgrade was I wanted to plumb the machine in I got sick of filling and emptying the tray :) Nothing wrong with Expobar Minore III they are a great machine I should have got the rotary pump in the first place and saved some money but at the time I wasn't aloud to put a hole in the bench top then finely she said Ok so along come the Duetto ;D ;D that's the only reason for me to upgrade but I must admit that the Duetto is easier on the eye ;D Cheers gra..
  • on 1308875376:
    Craig from 9Bar dropped in a new 3-group Synchro - fresh off the boat from BFC in Italy. It's only 10:30am and I've had 12 espresso already..........each one better than the last.
    I had a couple of really nice shots out at Foxy Brown from one of these. Whats fancy on the newer ones?
  • To be honest, it's my first Synchro so I can't really compare, but I know there are slight improvements going on all the time - Craig has a very strong relationship with the designer and builder. I do know there will be a new mod coming in soon, but I can't disclose that one unfortunately. This one has flow restrictors installed and the 9bar guys have calibrated the temp to suit one of my custom blends so well it's insane. Alas, I have but 7 days to play.........the machine will be in the back of my van next Friday and making it's way to Mildura's best cafe - Cafe94, where they pump out 3500+ perfect coffees each week - so it will be getting a good workout. If I had some suggestions, it's make the High-Group a bit higher so that 16oz cups fit neatly under the PF and perhaps a slightly longer steam wand, but that's an easy fix. The shot timer on each group is pretty funky.....
  • From what I understand my Synchro is an older single boiler unit and the newer ones are multiple boiler machines I haven't tried the multiple boiler yet but honestly I'd be surprised if it makes significantly better coffee than my machine - I can still run a 30ml extraction from triple sized baskets out to 60secs plus extraction time without blonding or burning the shot - due to flow restrictors both at the heat exchanger and at the group head, to produce an amazing espresso or double espresso - and I'm yet to try another machine which has the same capacity to run extra long extraction times - which is not to say that such a machine does not exist, but I havent used one even though I've worked on plenty of machines! Just popped new blades in the Compak K10 and in the Robur, and bought aDitting dell grinder off my roaster - so I feel that we're pretty sorted in the equipment department!
  • I was just cruising EBay and: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Slayer-Espresso-Machine-Hardly-Used-/130549875410?pt=AU_Business_Industrial_Restaurant_Catering_Equipment&hash=item1e656102d2#ht_500wt_922 My wife and little girl are currently in FNQ visiting family and I'm wondering, does anyone here think that I could get away with replacing my Splendor with this baby and would my wife notice? They look kinda similar if you squint and I think that this would hold the upgraditus at bay for the domestic user for at least 12 months. Thoughts?
  • Just a thought but I suspect "take you and you machine and ..." is one possible response  ;) Seems to have been a few in Slayer/Synesso country turning up on evilbay of recent times. Shame more 1 grp Synessos weren't sold for the home users to buy second hand for improved other half approval chances ::)
  • on 1311511055:
    I was just cruising EBay and: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Slayer-Espresso-Machine-Hardly-Used-/130549875410?pt=AU_Business_Industrial_Restaurant_Catering_Equipment&hash=item1e656102d2#ht_500wt_922 My wife and little girl are currently in FNQ visiting family and I'm wondering, does anyone here think that I could get away with replacing my Splendor with this baby and would my wife notice? They look kinda similar if you squint and I think that this would hold the upgraditus at bay for the domestic user for at least 12 months. Thoughts?
    You're right - they're almost twins - but maybe you should keep the panels off the Splendor and tack them on to the Slayer, just change the writing on them to "Unico Slayer" and the deception will be complete - she'll never know...
  • on 1311511055:
    I was just cruising EBay and: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Slayer-Espresso-Machine-Hardly-Used-/130549875410?pt=AU_Business_Industrial_Restaurant_Catering_Equipment&hash=item1e656102d2#ht_500wt_922 My wife and little girl are currently in FNQ visiting family and I'm wondering, does anyone here think that I could get away with replacing my Splendor with this baby and would my wife notice? They look kinda similar if you squint and I think that this would hold the upgraditus at bay for the domestic user for at least 12 months. Thoughts?
    This one has been for sale for ages, seems they no sooner took delivery and it was on the market. :-\
  • on 1311549590:
    This one has been for sale for ages, seems they no sooner took delivery and it was on the market. :-\
    Sure has. Have heard some interesting stories about this one circulating within the industry - but I'm not going to share.
  • on 1311550641:
    but I'm not going to share.
    No need to, enough said. ;)
  • on 1311543670:
    You're right - they're almost twins - but maybe you should keep the panels off the Splendor and tack them on to the Slayer, just change the writing on them to "Unico Slayer" and the deception will be complete - she'll never know...
    Gold Sniff... LOL! The big hole with a red minus sign in our bank account may also be a give-away! 
    on 1311550641:
    Have heard some interesting stories about this one circulating within the industry - but I'm not going to share.
    I think DB has nailed it with enough said!
  • Ok I can now, finally, say we are using the EM6910  :D Yes I will give the EM0480 a try and see what happens, I still like my manual grinding though. I'll get my OH to read through all the threads and do the adjustments everything needs as soon as he can, in the meantime I'll just trial it the way it is.
  • Enjoy SS, it should give you many a decent cup :)