frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Coffee Cups -

edited July 2011 in Accessories
Well I expect that I will soon have some of those shiny hand made one ...

Matt has been working hard and will be Christening them in his honour when they get here..

Not sure what to name them... A reminder of Matt or something else... I am sure there is a flower or two that could be referenced..... DB, still waiting for that Home shot or did you send it and I have misplaced it ?  MAAADD all over again.

Any way a mate heard I was short of cups for my morning session, and he knows of some of the Italian customs; re a latte and pastries for breakfast.....  Bugger ..   I though he was joking..

This song also comes to mind as the last week has been heavy and this week is not looking any better..  Sunday has become a lost day...  Here is to Coffee and Cigs and fingers crossed the lows have bottomed...

Comments

• on 1311519784:
    Well I expect that I will soon have some of those shiny hand made one ... Matt has been working hard and will be Christening them in his honour when they get here.. Not sure what to name them... A reminder of Matt or something else... I am sure there is a flower or two that could be referenced..... DB, still waiting for that Home shot or did you send it and I have misplaced it ?  MAAADD all over again. Any way a mate heard I was short of cups for my morning session, and he knows of some of the Italian customs; re a latte and pastries for breakfast.....  Bugger ..   I though he was joking.. This song also comes to mind as the last week has been heavy and this week is not looking any better..  Sunday has become a lost day...  Here is to Coffee and Cigs and fingers crossed the lows have bottomed...
    Heard anything re the cups yet AM? have emailed Matt a number of times enquiring but for some reason don't get any response. Perhaps a phone call when we get back from our trip. :-\
  • I noticed Matt disappeared completely off the boards in the sponsor section, horrible that he might have felt not welcome, or has overstretched himself. I don't mind how long I wait, geez I don't even have a machine to use them with!  They would look brilliant with a white Izzo Pompei though :) I'm still waiting for a Salter from the UK that was sent 2 months ago, I'm still hoping it turns up  :-\
  • on 1311767346:
    I noticed Matt disappeared completely off the boards in the sponsor section, horrible that he might have felt not welcome, or has overstretched himself. I don't mind how long I wait, geez I don't even have a machine to use them with!  They would look brilliant with a white Izzo Pompei though :) I'm still waiting for a Salter from the UK that was sent 2 months ago, I'm still hoping it turns up  :-\
    Well I'd like to say that Matt is completely welcome, and I think that sentiment can be shared on behalf of everyone. I'm sure for any business owner, end of financial year, a situation like this with a big order and people hounding, the whole Breville thing....all those things to use look like a frivolous misfortune, but I'm sure they are would all be weighing on him.
  • I remember an earlier thread on TK cups from a few years ago where they where hard to get back then with smaller turnover, also wouldn't freight them overseas. Treasure your new toys those that are getting some  8)
  • So, has anyone got photos to share of their new TK cups? I think I need some....
  • on 1312847365:
    From E61 Our second order of Terra Keramik cups and saucers has arrived! To those (very patient) people who are awaiting orders - your cups will be dispatched over the next couple of days. Thank you for being so patient. Regards Matt The E61 Espresso Machinery Co
    Not sure what has been going on during my absence, order half a dozen from Matt, have emailed him enquiring a number of times but he simply doesn't reply, no big deal, the cups I have work just fine, perhaps I've simply saved myself $250. ;D
  • Ah well... no problem waiting but a little more wide spread communication on the status would help greatly, especially when SWMBO keeps giving me grief about them.
  • I'd be happy if i could find ACF cups (not online). Campos have them (cheap too) but they have their logo on them, i'd prefer a set of red ones.
  • on 1314431714:
    I'd be happy if i could find ACF cups (not online). Campos have them (cheap too) but they have their logo on them, i'd prefer a set of red ones.
    Rio Coffee Have an excellent range, they also carry Nuova Point cups as well. 22 Nelson Street Stepney SA 5069 (08) 8362 3376
  • Woohoo! thanks for the update AM ;) Hopefully he will have enough in the colors I ordered...
  • I'm hoping that there might be mugs in there as well :)
  • on 1315825847:
    The final batch of items, to complete  my order, has been shipped. Thanks Matt, will offer the first shot to you; as a toast and to say thanks.
    That would be nice AM I bet the girls in your family wont let you use them because they are to beautiful KK
  • Oh man, they are simply stunning, congrats!! I should have some turn up here fairly soon. AM, who were they shipped via?
  • Here are two of my mugs, still the cobalt and yellow to come  :)
  • AM, they're stunning. I think I'm going to have to start sending out links to friends as family for Christmas pressie hints.
  • Wow, I like the mugs even more.  I'm quite anal about having everthing match colour wise so i suspect that these would break my brain eventually.
  • Clearly you should have been the designer and I the singer!
  • on 1319028456:
    Clearly you should have been the designer and I the singer!
    I would have starved if I had to be a designer. Everything would be symmetrical and wouldn't my clients just love me telling them what colours are correct and not allowing any aesthetic deviation from my demands... Er plans.  No mate, you we're always the one with the eye for beauty.  Remember that gir.... Wife's here gotta go
  • I have no idea what you're talking about. I was still chaste until I married.  ;D
  • on 1319097052:
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I was still chaste until I married.  ;D
    I was chased also but wasn't caught as often as I'd have liked! ;D
  • I thought we were talking about coffee cups As this is primarily a Terra Keramik owners thread Do the Crema members want me to start a dedicated Coffee cup photo gallery ? Got to think of a catchy name KK
  • I was thinking of asking for some Terra Kerramik cups for Xmas. Has anyone been in contact with Matt to see how shipments are going? I notice there was some kerfuffle with his CS sponsorship, hope everything's still in order with E61.
  • No sign of E61 on CS anymore, and he disappeared from here as a sponsor too.  No reflection on him or his business, I just think people don't like his great prices!!!  Pity too, I got great service from Matt with my Vario purchase and a great price too.  I think he just needs to stand his ground, and ignore them and keep selling quality equipment at a great price.
  • That's a shame, I guess I'll just have to take my chances - I love the look of those Terra's.
  • on 1321429588:
    No sign of E61 on CS anymore, and he disappeared from here as a sponsor too.  No reflection on him or his business, I just think people don't like his great prices!!!  Pity too, I got great service from Matt with my Vario purchase and a great price too.  I think he just needs to stand his ground, and ignore them and keep selling quality equipment at a great price.
    I think you nailed it Lacehim!  Shame really.  Coffee Roma or whatever they're called seem to fly under the radar over there... What makes them different I wonder.  Those ECM machines look the business don't they!!!  I wonder if I ordered some cups and accidentally ordered the big ECM whether my wife would leave me... I mean seriously, even if she did she's 8 months pregnant... How far could she really get?
  • on 1321442598:
    I think you nailed it Lacehim!  Shame really.  Coffee Roma or whatever they're called seem to fly under the radar over there... What makes them different I wonder.  Those ECM machines look the business don't they!!!  I wonder if I ordered some cups and accidentally ordered the big ECM whether my wife would leave me... I mean seriously, even if she did she's 8 months pregnant... How far could she really get?
    That's a pissa. I'm so very lucky, the Little One lets me do whatever I want - including buying any machines and equipment I need - she never cracks the shites, ever. I think AM may be on the money - freight movements of those cups are tricky and they really are quite special - so the target customer base is quite small and I'd say that the original supplier would only ship in certain quantities.
  • Or try his website http://www.e61.com.au/contact-us/
    on 1321442598:
    I think you nailed it Lacehim!  Shame really.  Coffee Roma or whatever they're called seem to fly under the radar over there... What makes them different I wonder.
    It all started with the shuttle launch.  Also Matt was active on the forums.
  • Matt replied to my Facebook query overnight. That's more than fast enough for me. The only problem is that it's pretty much impossible to subtly drop hints that this specific cup, in red, is the one I'm after... :D
  • Matt has said that the latest shipment has arrived (FB or Twitter, can't remember) so hopefully it will contain some of the ones we're all waiting for, can't wait to get the other mugs, I love drinking out of them, just have to remember to stop steaming too much milk and overfilling them :)
  • Have just visited the E61 site. Those cups look absolutely magnificent. I have Rockinghams, and they do nicely so far for me. Am sure those who have these Terramiks will certainly have pride of ownership and great conversation point in a party. Enjoy.  :) Gary at G.