frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

www.beangreen.com.au

edited November 2011 in www.beangreen.com.au
a warm welcome to Brendan of www.beangreen.com.au !

[size=24pt]Bean Green [/size]
Address:-
Located in Brisbane

Web Based Business
Web:- http://www.beangreen.com.au/

Comments

• on 1306977329:
    Ok guys - this is a welcome to the very last of our current batch of invitees - a warm welcome to Brendan of www.beangreen.com.au !
    Welcome aboard Brendan a Great selection of beans to choose from, I ordered  some Yemen last week and they where deviled before I could warm up the roaster ;D ;D ;D Cheers Gra..
  • Thanks alot guys. We love the magazine and the forum. Beangreen supplies home roasters and cafes that roast  with green bean from all over the world. From 1kg  to 1 tonne lots. I have been involved in the coffee industry for about 12 years. That time has been spent working in the highlands of PNG to working for various coffee roasters around the place, large and small. We have new crop and origin coming in all the time which will be updated on this site. Currently, postage is foc for all orders over $50. If anyone has any querys please feel free to contact me on [email protected] Cheers Brendan, Lara and the BeanGreen Team.
  • Hi Brendan, I just wanted to say publically a big thank you.  I placed an order last night on 12th December, and it was dispatched first thing in the morning on the 13th and arrived at my door on the Sunny Coast at 2pm the same day!  You can't get better service than that.  The website is very easy to use, and checkout with paypal is very secure and easy too. The beans where all packed well.  Thanks also for the early Christmas pressie!
  • I got the Christmas gift pack with my order too!! Thanks bean green!!
  • Ooohhh something to look forward to? I made an order a couple of days ago. Edit: It just arrived. :) My order and a little something extra to try - thanks!
  • I just got my order too :) When you guys were saying a little extra something, holy crap I didn't expect what came, well I didn't expect anything actually as I only spent just over $50 (it just worked out that way seriously as I'd ordered from them just a little while ago, but after seeing some of the comments from the others about the beans I've purchased I thought I'd give them a go) and I don't expect that people should be giving away their hard earned dollars anyway :) Talk about people in this industry being generous, I've never ever come across an industry that treats people like this, old and new to the industry  :thumb: edited: just fixed it so it wasn't so garbled :)
  • I have had my last decaf order sitting here for nearly a week and only just opened the box to find a nice suprise as described above - wow! Thanks Brendan not only for the Christmas extras but also for the quality beans and prompt service - time and time again  :)
  • Totally agree with shape_shifter Since I understand how thin margin these green bean importer earn by packing each pack, it is really generous for Brendan to do this. I think only thing I can do is to introduce how amazing fresh bean and home roaster are, then convince more people to roast by themselves (then less people will steal my coffee). Then I believe more people from here (far north QLD) will be happy to buy bean from Brendan. :thumb:
  • My beans arrived today, great delivery time for this time of year. Mine too contained a little Christmas cheer! Thanks BeanGreen!!
  • I only discovered beangreen recently, currently awaiting my third order, the first two arrived at around 7 days which is pretty good from one side of Oz to the other! I should have a nice surprise on my doorstep tomorrow, the Yemen and Musasa will be going straight into the roaster for a cupping on Wednesday :-* Have been impressed with the great choice of beans and having the option of only purchasing 1kg to sample new varietals and special micro lots :thumb: HAVE A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS ;)
  • Received my order today with a pleasant surprise--a bonus bag of El Sal Finca El Carmen--much appreciated :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  • Received my very speedy order today (Wednesday ordered Tuesday), also with a much appreciated Xmas cheer gift, which I was not expecting, being my first time ordering from BeanGreen. Thanx Brendan. Graham
  • on 1324381939:
    Received my order today with a pleasant surprise--a bonus bag of El Sal Finca El Carmen--much appreciated :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    Me too me too.... Thanks Brendan: what an awesome surprise!
  • Placed another order for green on Thursday this week and it arrived at my door step the next morning.  Can't get any better service than this.  Love the paypal payment option too. :) Treated myself to 1kg of the Finca El Injerto too! ;) Keep up the good work BG.
  • on 1347751459:
    Treated myself to 1kg of the Finca El Injerto too! ;)
    This is truly awesome!
  • I just opened my bean order that I got before Christmas to find a nice surprise  :thumb:  Thanks to the guys at Beangreen have great new year.. Cheers Gra....
  • on 1357192534:
    I just opened my bean order that I got before Christmas to find a nice surprise  :thumb:  Thanks to the guys at Beangreen have great new year.. Cheers Gra....
    Thanks to Brendan for the Xmas surprise I got today on my latest order  :thumb: The Wahana is going down a treat & was asked on New Year's Eve for another baggy! Polished off between Xmas & NYE in a Mocca pot!  Jonty
  • I placed a fair size order with Beangreen on the 31st Dec and paid for it immediately by bank transfer, have heard nothing from them and on checking their site my a/c shows no orders to ship. Obviously I'm concerned something may have gone wrong with the process, does anyone know if they are open or have they closed for the Christmas new year period? :-|
  • I placed a fair size order with Beangreen on the 31st Dec and paid for it immediately by bank transfer, have heard nothing from them and on checking their site my a/c shows no orders to ship
    You would have got a confirmation email but if your order doesn't show up in your account, I would say it wasn't successful. Try contacting them via http://beangreen.com.au/contact.php
  • Thanks, no confirmation email received, have contacted them via the site, couldn't find a phone number. :)
  • All sorted, seems the order failed to go through, was contacted shortly after I emailed them by a very helpful Lara. :thumb:
  • on 1357290679:
    All sorted, seems the order failed to go through, was contacted shortly after I emailed them by a very helpful Lara. :thumb:
    Brendan runs an A class business Dry Bean. Glad to hear all is sweet. Hope you snagged some Esmeralda ;) Jonty
  • on 1357291145:
    Brendan runs an A class business Dry Bean. Glad to hear all is sweet. Hope you snagged some Esmeralda ;) Jonty
    Morning Jonty, I agree, they are good people to deal with, good product, excellent service and I particularly like the freight rates ;) Negative on the Esmeralda, have tried it in the past, not to my taste. :)
  • Oh BeanGreen... How I love thee... Let me count the ways: 1. Awesome product and prices 2. Super-fast shipping 3. Free Shipping over $75 Geisha sample!!!  That's new... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
  • Has anyone ordered greens from Bean Green recently? Just checking because I ordered & paid for some green on Friday 20th May, and there has been no change to my order status since then which is unusual, and I only get an answer machine when I phone, with no reply as yet. I had tried to phone to arrange a pick-up on the 20th, but following no answer to my phone calls decided to order as per usual with delivery. Last time I ordered from them, I had a delivery problem, and eventually went to the warehouse to sort it out, so getting concerned there may be an issue. Will probably wait another day before trying to cancel order and recover funds, as am running short on one of the items I've ordered, but just wondered if any one else has had similar issues? Graham
  • I haven't ordered from them recently - because I gave up on them about a year ago.  I placed several orders over the previous three years or so, and each time the service was good and the delivery was fast.  But the two orders I placed last year took two weeks to arrive, and then only after multiple emails & phone messages. The courier got blamed for losing the packages, but I don't see how that could have happened when the web site showed that the order had not been processed or despatched. I don't know if there has been a change of staff or just a change in attitude toward small purchases, but things just aint what they used to be at BG. So my advice is to keep sending emails and leaving phone messages until you get some action. I was never able to speak with anyone when I rang, the call always went to an anwering machine, but I was able to leave a message.
  • The last time I used them was 2013, originally I found them to be very competitive and pretty switched on, then for some reason things degraded, prices increased substantially, the freight free threshold doubled, packaging was poor and communication became an issue. :question: Reluctantly I moved back to my previous supplier who was, and still is very professional, quality product, reasonable prices, great packaging and lightning fast shipping, won't mention the name as they are not a sponsor, however anyone who cant guess who I'm on about can PM me for details. :)
  • on 1464138741:
    The last time I used them was 2013, originally I found them to be very competitive and pretty switched on, then for some reason things degraded, prices increased substantially, the freight free threshold doubled, packaging was poor and communication became an issue. :question: Reluctantly I moved back to my previous supplier who was, and still is very professional, quality product, reasonable prices, great packaging and lightning fast shipping, won't mention the name as they are not a sponsor, however anyone who cant guess who I'm on about can PM me for details. :)
    I had an order end up in Darwin and turn up about a month later... never again ...
  • Update: I raised the issue with PayPal, because being used to more prompt service from BG, I did not allow myself much leeway for delivery having run short on one of my main greens. I got no phone reply to leaving messages, however since raising the issue with PayPal, I have now received email communication that my BG order has shipped. This is great news although I did also order some interim beans from an alternative supplier, so it has now cost me quit a lot more than I planned. I did get a different alternative in case the BG order eventually shipped, so now have more variety. Happy however now that it has shipped, hopefully will arrive promptly. Will update when it arrives. I too am hardly a big spender so that could be part of the problem. Graham
  • on 1464146023:
    Update: I raised the issue with PayPal, because being used to more prompt service from BG, I did not allow myself much leeway for delivery having run short on one of my main greens. I got no phone reply to leaving messages, however since raising the issue with PayPal, I have now received email communication that my BG order has shipped. This is great news although I did also order some interim beans from an alternative supplier, so it has now cost me quit a lot more than I planned. I did get a different alternative in case the BG order eventually shipped, so now have more variety. Happy however now that it has shipped, hopefully will arrive promptly. Will update when it arrives. I too am hardly a big spender so that could be part of the problem. Graham
    Any explanation regarding lack of communication Graham? :)