frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Naked Portafilter Wanted

edited January 1970 in Accessories
Hello ...

First Post... Yes... I'm new here, so apologies if I've done anything wrong in my first 2 Hrs. :)

I'm also new to expresso machines, and have just purchased a Breville BES920. I'm now looking for a naked portafilter to suit, however the best I can find comes from Canada at about $130 delivered.

I'm curious as to whether that is a reasonable price? I hoped to get one cheaper. Can I buy a different brand that will fit?

Thanks all for your patience. I hope.....

Comments

• I can't preach to you - But I would not pay that price If you have 2 porta filters with your machine and if your willing to sacrifice one you can cut a whole with a hole saw to remove the base and you have a naked porta filter Myself and others have done this with great results There is a thread about it im sure ?
  • The problem is KK I don't think the portafilters are brass for Breville's so cutting stainless steel is much more difficult for the home DIYer. If you can get a regular handle I'm sure someone with a lathe could do it for you, or myself and KK know someone in Brisbane that can do one if you ask nicely. :)
  • Hi Taihara and welcome to the forum. Did some checking for you and the Breville portafilter is specific to the brand  (who would have thought ;)) $130 shipped isn't a bad price, cheapest on a quick search in Australia is Things Coffee $149 shipped. Be cheaper to get one turned down as the guys stated. Good luck Chester
  • Breville sell them direct for around $90. Just call the number in your manual and ask.
  • on 1427520044:
    Breville sell them direct for around $90. Just call the number in your manual and ask.
    Gee... That's a great price for a as as naked portafilter!  Shame it only fits their machines...