frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Best coffee at Cafe Domobar...

edited January 1970 in Social
......according to the children's health nurse that paid us a visit earlier this arvo for our little ones first appointment.

I offered to make her a coffee but she was hesitant at the start. She probably though I had a Nespresso ([emoji61]?Sue!) or a Jura auto.

I also managed to pull off a nice rippled love heart.

The beans I used were the espresso blend from mycuppa combined with Jersey milk.

As soon as she had her first sip she complimented the coffee and said it was the best she's had in a long time. She said I could be a barista as she was surprised of the quality of the drink. [emoji41][emoji38][emoji108]

It was my feel good moment and a check and balance for me that I am on the ball with respect to quality.

Made my day!

Comments

• These are the comments that vindicate some of our time, expense and care taken.  Well done mate!
  • on 1435359749:
    These are the comments that vindicate some of our time, expense and care taken.  Well done mate!
    Thanks mate. There are times when I think is my coffee any good. I drink it and like it, and as per your other thread it's not until you get a cup from a cafe do you realise your coffee at home is not only good but it's miles better.
  • on 1435325676:
    ......according to the children's health nurse that paid us a visit earlier this arvo for our little ones first appointment. I offered to make her a coffee but she was hesitant at the start. She probably though I had a Nespresso ([emoji61]🏻Sue!) or a Jura auto. I also managed to pull off a nice rippled love heart. The beans I used were the espresso blend from mycuppa combined with Jersey milk. As soon as she had her first sip she complimented the coffee and said it was the best she's had in a long time. She said I could be a barista as she was surprised of the quality of the drink. [emoji41][emoji38][emoji108] It was my feel good moment and a check and balance for me that I am on the ball with respect to quality. Made my day!
    It's Dolce Gusto, get it right  :P. I bet it made your day, it would make mine too. The only people that comment on mine is my mum and Matthew but they are the only ones that have tried it although when I do comparisons on my occasional takeaway I know I'm not far off the mark  :thumb:.
  • on 1435366569:
    It's Dolce Gusto, get it right  :P. I bet it made your day, it would make mine too. The only people that comment on mine is my mum and Matthew but they are the only ones that have tried it although when I do comparisons on my occasional takeaway I know I'm not far off the mark  :thumb:.
    my apologies Sue. [emoji56] In no time you will think twice about paying for a coffee out knowing that what you have at home is far better. You know how people return food if it's not up to standard in a restaurant? I've done the same in a cafe due to sour or bitter coffee and their response has been add sugar to it. I've refused to pay if they can't do their job properly.
  • I think I have had a total of 3 takeaway coffees ever. I am not under the delusion that mine is the best but I am assuming it is better than a lot of places, around here anyway. I will summons up the courage to order a takeaway espresso one day though, just for confirmation that I am not actually doing anything wrong, research you understand  ;). That said, we will be heading out for a cold brew and Vietnamese meat roll later ;D.
  • on 1435361629:
    Thanks mate. There are times when I think is my coffee any good. I drink it and like it, and as per your other thread it's not until you get a cup from a cafe do you realise your coffee at home is not only good but it's miles better.
    My only caveat is of couse that we as home baristi only have to make one or two great coffees... Our professional colleagues have to make one or two hundred great coffees in a day.  Having said that, we know it's possible.
  • on 1435401442:
    My only caveat is of couse that we as home baristi only have to make one or two great coffees... Our professional colleagues have to make one or two hundred great coffees in a day.  Having said that, we know it's possible.
    true dat.
  • I've got a joke I made up its not very funny: Someone asks me if I want a take away coffee and I just laugh and laugh at them, then thump my chest and say, "That's a good one!  Stop it - you're killing me!" Then I walk away ... OK so I do have the very occasional take away coffee, but I'd much prefer to dine in and enjoy my coffee at a leisurely pace, while chatting to the barista, catching up with friends, or enjoying my own solitude Congrats to Geek on the home brew - high praise indeed - there's no better feeling than putting the effort in with you're coffee  and then getting a positive result !