frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

So where to get great coffee in Brisbane cbd?

edited January 1970 in Cafe reviews
I'm just about to board a flight heading to Brisbane for a job interview and will be needing a coffee before and after. Any good places around Ann St?

Comments

• Hi GK not sure if you've got access to a mobile device, but there's a whole thread on Brisbane coffee just above this thread… looks like last post was 2013, but I'm sure you'll find some of the recommendations still good; would be interesting to see what more recent recommendations come up tho... A
  • on 1447801310:
    Hi GK not sure if you've got access to a mobile device, but there's a whole thread on Brisbane coffee just above this thread… looks like last post was 2013, but I'm sure you'll find some of the recommendations still good; would be interesting to see what more recent recommendations come up tho... A
    thanks admin. I didn't even get a chance to grab a coffee. Not all is lost though as I'm heading straight into the Virgin lounge for a beer or three.
  • oh, you would have been able to get a lovely fresh Nespresso then?  :-[ what sort of job are you going for - is it photography-related? A
  • on 1447882921:
    oh, you would have been able to get a lovely fresh Nespresso then?  :-[ what sort of job are you going for - is it photography-related? A
    I would rather drink tea than Nespresso. /shots fired. I wish it was a photo job. I was interviewed by CQUni for a lead role here in Melbourne in post graduate education.
  • I had some great coffee in Brisbane a few months ago - had to shop around though !
  • on 1447890087:
    I would rather drink tea than Nespresso. /shots fired. I wish it was a photo job. I was interviewed by CQUni for a lead role here in Melbourne in post graduate education.
    I completely agree!!
  • So I got a call today for the aforementioned interview. And yes I scored the gig. Looks like I'm going back to Academia to lead Project Management education for CQU in Melb. Now I need to dust off my PhD, BSc and GradCerTerEd certificates. (Just thought I'd put that in ;) ) The great thing is I've still got a few more weeks of being at home with baby so time to make the best of it. Might take the fam for a bit of a get away. Bub will be 6 months in a couple weeks times. How time flies.
  • Wow... Dr GK!! Or are you Assoc.Prof. GK?  I don't have a PhD but when the kids are older there's a study I'd like to collect some data for.  My education stopped at a MPhil :( What was your topic?
  • on 1449229643:
    Wow... Dr GK!! Or are you Assoc.Prof. GK?  I don't have a PhD but when the kids are older there's a study I'd like to collect some data for.  My education stopped at a MPhil :( What was your topic?
    hi Brett. I left academia in 2008 to manage R&D projects in medical imaging / disease management and since then I also got into Optometry program development and accreditation. I was the project manager in both roles. I also did some short term consultancies in between. Now I'm getting back into academia but not in my discipline (electrical engineering) but instead in project management. I was sponsored by Ericsson (Sweden) for my Ph.D and my topic was around the development of novel algorithms to save battery power in 3G mobile handsets. I completed my PhD in 2003. I'm 36 years old now.
  • Wow... You're a Wunderkind!! That's a brilliant academic rise though the ranks and at such a young age. No wonder you're so adept at so many things!  Kudos my friend!!