La Pavoni Professional (Late model)
- Purchased 2012 $550 second hand locally (mint condition allegedly approx 5 year old)
Steam arm and optional enhancer
Average heating time 5 min
Water level gauge
Reset safety thermoprotector
Pressurestat to maintain a constant pressure in the boiler
1000 W Element
Width, Depth, Height 200x290x320 mm
Weight 5.5 KgPros
- Small Footprint
- timeless elegance aesthetically
- Fun to use... Seriously!!
- quick to heat up and no temptation to leave it on all day
- great little steamer and microfoam (500ml is no problem)
- Easy to clean and keep clean
- Very easy to maintainCons
- small drip tray
- a well honed and technique particular technique is required to get the best results
- realistically any more than two doubles will over heat the group and burn subsequent shotsThe Journey
I have wanted one of these for like ever just because they are an icon. The opportunity arose for me to look and purchase one of these locally thanks to Kel and Lacheim on Chat pointing it out on EBay. I contacted the seller, checked out the machine and made a cash offer then and there.
I'm glad I did... What a fun little machine and the coffee tastes great. Read this if you are considering one of these: http://coffee.gurus.net/
He says it much better than I could and this coupled with all the you tube videos there is no reason why these machine can't produce a couple of nice coffees in a session. My machine was hardly used when I bought it because the nice chap couldn't get a good coffee out of it. With his pre-ground supermarket beans and lack of understanding of the machine it became a display and his Nespresso collection was born. Lucky me!!
This machine will travel lightly and easily on the floor of the car with my Lux grinder and go to all day/night and weekend events. This will guarantee me a good coffee irrespective of the hour or the location.
No mods are being considered currently.Closing Notes
This is fun! Functional art with a couple of technical caveats when producing the liquid gold.