Okay, my turn now, since I just followed Bliss here!
Hi, my name is Di and I'm a coffeeholic...
Very boring compared to all of you fellas:-
- In my early 40's
- Live in Brisbane at the moment
- Husband in the Defence Force, hence while it's 'at the moment'
- Grew up in the north of Western Australia: didn't know coffee existed other than in instant form when growing up. Mind you, I also didn't know that milk came in anything but frozen cardboard cartons until I was about 16 also!
- Currently work with Defence as a civillian
- Have worked in HR roles, mainly specialising in Learning & Development Management for the last 12 years or so. Lost the love of it about 10 years ago but found it a real struggle to move away from L&D because it was so speclialised, so it didn't matter what position you applied for, everyone wanted to put you back into L&D to sort out their Training Systems. :-\ Fortunately managed to finally get out of the field 6 months ago...yay!
- Am a keen Tap Dancer. working my way towards teacher status, but mainly do it for the love of rhythm and the ability to make lots of noise! Also keeps me reasonably fit, but that's just a sideline bonus.
- Two kidlets: 9 year old Emily and 5 year old William - available for rent if anyone wants to try before you buy... (just joking!)
- LOVE coffee (of course)
- LOVE my Nuova Simonelli Musica and Macap M5 Grinder
- Roast my own beans, when I'm too broke to buy pre-roasted. I just can't seem to find a bean I really like at the moment, and I'm not good enough at blending to really get a satisfactory cup so end up tending to buy from the experts.
That's about it!
I already know most of you anyway from the other Forum, so looking forward to joining you on here also.