frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Willoughby Coffee Action barista comp - Sep 6th

edited January 1970 in Barista news/Comps etc
For all those in Syd, Willoughby council will be holding a street fair in Chatswood on September 6th, 2008.
The annual Coffee Action barista competition will be held, starting from 10am.

http://www.willoughby.nsw.gov.au/StreetFair-2008.html

Competitors should contact Willoughby Council, but can get in touch with [email protected] if further assistance is required.

Comments

• Cool thanks for the heads up. I might go down and have a sticky-beak. I don't know how people compete in barista comps. I was in a home-barista comp (first and last) at Aroma fest, and it was the most nerve racking thing I've ever done, even if I won  8-) Shaking like crazy from all the eyes peering at me, and knowing Hazel was going to judge it.
  • Yeeza, Are you going to compete? Let me know, I will enter as well, this time not funny tamper or milk jug. Regards
  • Yeeza, Are you going to compete? Let me know, I will enter as well, this time not funny tamper or milk jug.
    No way, I'm too nervous. And especially if I can't use your jug hahaha
  • Why dont you both have a go? Regardless of the outcome, it will be a bit of fun and a good experience. One of the benefits of these smaller regional comps is that the pressure is lifted and you can use it as a great learning curve. Unless you would prefer to make your debut in the state comp... instead of Hazel judging you, you could have the chance to beat her! Though i would recommend you start practicing ;D
  • How heavy is this competition? I'd love to jump into the fray but I fear I've lost my touch...
  • the best way to improve your barista skills and knowledge is to be involved in competition - its pretty comprehensive in terms of what's on offer and even a little daunting at times - but the steep learning curve is rewarded with skills that are transferable to the workplace cheers, Pat
  • How heavy is this competition? I'd love to jump into the fray but I fear I've lost my touch...
    Hi Billy, This comp is for you! The willoughby comp is one of the smaller regional comps designed primarily for local willoughby baristas. There won't be any video cameras or telescope lenses in your face :p I would imagine that this would be the perfect comp to jump back into it and get your mojo back Tom
  • Well, you must understand my apprehension. Of the last two baristas I met from Chatswood, the first came to Toby's and became manager of one of our sites after 3 weeks, and the other won world latte art in '07...
  • Chatswood was Jack's first comp, so don't freak out. What is to stop you from winning the 09 world latte art? And trust me, i know what your going through... my first comp was the australian latte art in 07
  • Tommy - the website announced that the StreetFair had been cancelled due to heavy rainfall - did the barista comp go ahead, or was this cancelled also? -A
  • Cancelled also. Willoughby council are looking to do the comp in 3 weeks time i think. Will let you know when I know