frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

opening my own

Looking at may/june, to be opening a cafe in Lismore NSW. Home to me, and a town severely laking in great coffee.
So it's off to the land of the rainbow to seek my success. Planning on using LM 3 group Linea, with Robur and Super Jolly (decaf) Combo. I may get a FB80. But I'm really not that focused on having a Ferrari, when I can drive a Porche  for $5000 less, but who knows. The dream is a Slayer. But I have time to get that, or the better machine by the time I need/want one.
Going with a friends coffee(to be revealed at a later date), who has given me free range in his roastery to chose a blend of my choice, and a constant supply of interesting single estates.
Getting excited (and stressed), but I'm confident that I will become the espresso oasis, in my beloved home region.
Will give updates, hope to be seeing the coffee nuts of the north coast NSW soon

Comments

• hey that's great news flushed - feel free to give regular updates on your progress, like acg did! A
  • congrats Flushed :) dont get stressed its a waste of time and it gets in the way of getting excited lol keep us updated and post some pics :)
  • first look at possible site on wednesday. hope its good
  • first look at possible site on wednesday. hope its good
    Remember Position, Position, Position and lots of foot traffic Best of luck flushed   KK
  • good luck man also I recommend disused milk bars as a great site for a cafe location - and even milk bars which are trading sell for a lot less than most cafes and they usually have all the refrigeration you would ever need as well!
  • Good point about milk bars Pat Also in some towns these come with a residence above KK
  • first view inspiring, conversation with coffee supplier very inspiring. Pretty much wanting to go with a very lovely bean....??? hehe  ;D. The next 2 weeks will determine how soon I'll be moving in. I'll keep you posted
  • Congratulations! Really good to see that went so well  :) Is opening date still going to be May/June of next year, or are things going well enough that you see yourself opening earlier now?
  • extremely close to money time. That means doors might be opening in 5-12 weeks. Hopefully. Sorry no clues for anyone yet. Quiet like a snake for the moment
  • and the world shifts again. Money problems and miracle gifts abound in the world of flushed. Oh what brilliant shimmer, the light at first dawn and at the death of the new day. Arise light to bless my every breath, with a new breath in anticipation. And hold it there for but a thought, before the new is once again and over.
  • well speaking from experience I can say take your initial opening budget and double it coz that's about what it costs to open! good luck on the money front - hope you can work something out P
  • If you want to limit your upfront costs I have a lead on a repossessed about 1 year old La Marzocco Linea + Twin swift grinder combo PM me  ;) KK
  • gee wilickers KK - If I didn't have such a high spec'd machine I'd be hitting you up on that one already!
  • yeah let me know kk
    PM sent with all relevant info Good luck Mr Flushed KK
  • the world sucks and I hate business. Nothing happened, and I'm sick of hearing bullshit fall out of peoples mouths. Sadly I've learn't not to trust people that make interesting claims that involve my money. Fortunately I didn't find out the hard way. That and fakers, big fat fakers who smile on one side of thier face and spew darkness out the other. So many shitty cafe owners in this town. Sooo stupid. A lttle vent there...sorry. Maybe the future will succeed in my success
  • yeah, for some reason the coffee industry seems to attract more than its fair share of spivs and shiny shoe salesmen, in my experience - not sure why! dR :-/
  • Hi guys - not for the first time I've heard this sort of comment; would be interested to know if anyone else has any views as to whether this is the case, and if so, why this might be [ie with respect to the coffee industry, in particular]... A
  • just be careful who you lie down with ass you can wake up with fleas! I'm still majorly out of pocket from a business deal gone sour in the past - but treat it as a learning experience and it could be a small price to pay...
  • will be ready to really make a move when the money appears??? I'm so dedicated to opening a mainly coffee focused venue, with a cool, smallish menu. Coffee is the train, and the food is the comfortable seat in first class. I know that I have the right vision, with the knowledge and skills to make it work. (which recently a close friend and successful cafe owner assured me, that they believed that I have more than enough of both to succeed. Which was lovely). I just need the bloody oportunity I say. Anyway, thankyou for the support guys. And I promise that I'm no shiney shoe salesman.
  • My Uncle & Aunty want me to take over there cafe in West End Brisbane But my plate is full with other business commitments If you want to come up to the city I can introduce you You wont get ripped off as I think they only want someone to take over the lease As I wasn't interested I did not get into asking about the finer details   ::) KK
  • awesomeness! sounds like an opportunity in the making!
  • sounds interesting!!!!
  • And the roundabout starts again. Feeling a bit more confident this time though. And a much more appealing venue has become available
  • And the roundabout starts again. Feeling a bit more confident this time though. And a much more appealing venue has become available
    What area are you looking at now KK
  • lismore NSW. But your offer still sounds apprealing.
  • Just going to be patient. Life will still be there tommorrow and the next. Going to build a little momentum. then I'll blast out like a freak'n rocket ship. Money still an issue, as it ever will be, but things are actually moving in the right direction now. I think realistically january now. No use over exciting myself till I'm sure. But will be focussed to open round then