frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Adelaide get together?

edited January 1970 in Social
We seem to have quite a number of Adelaide based members, wonder if a get together of some sort would be practical? ;)

Comments

• I would if I could Love to visit Adelaide one day My wish for your get together idea, is a caffeinated & successfully day to all Regards KK
  • Almost 3 weeks and only one reply, and that was from an Outlander. Surely with the number of Adelaide members we have a get together could be arranged? ??? PS, KK if you could make it down we would love to see you. ;D
  • Just saw your post today....  ;D Count me in.  I could even be convinced to host it.    Happy to fire up the KKTO and get some beans happening.
  • on 1310544615:
    Just saw your post today....   ;D Count me in.   I could even be convinced to host it.    Happy to fire up the KKTO and get some beans happening.
    Thanks Borat, would have offered to host it myself but suspect a 320k round trip may dampen the ardour of a few. Have never organised anything like this, idea's and expressions of interest would be good. Perhaps closer to spring would be good, the weather may be a little kinder to us. ;D (see they banned yer mankini in parts of the UK ::) )
  • Make it August sometime I might come over and crash the party  ;) Those attending that roast bring a bag or so. Collect a little manual brewing gear thats interesting to go with person X's machine and char beans by different means. There goes 5 or 6 hours  :)
  • August? you can all come to Adelaide, I'm heading for Vietnam ::) The weather should be a lot nicer toward the end of Sept, beginning of Oct. ;D
  • on 1310548667:
    Make it August sometime I might come over and crash the party  ;) Those attending that roast bring a bag or so. Collect a little manual brewing gear thats interesting to go with person X's machine and char beans by different means. There goes 5 or 6 hours  :)
    Ok guys, you talked me into it...  :D I can volunteer my place for the inaugural Adelaide get together.  How about Saturday 13th August from 12pm.  If I ask her nicely, I might even be able to convince the missus to get some sausages happening on the BBQ. I can demo roast/s in the KKTO, and everyone is welcome to get over caffeinated with shots from the Cimbali. Maybe someone can bring a siphon, or even a lever?  If people bring along some of their favourite beans to try,  how about a cupping session?
  • The middle of August is not a good date for many, so how about we reschedule for early September? Once I know my work committments from mid August, I'll put forward another Saturday arvo proposal. cheers.
  • on 1310816074:
    The middle of August is not a good date for many, so how about we reschedule for early September? Once I know my work committments from mid August, I'll put forward another Saturday arvo proposal. cheers.
    Morning Borat, Early Sept is good for me, I will respond to your PM a little later. Now we need to get the attention of other Adelaide based Crema members. :-\
  • Good idea, we should be able to make it. 13th Aug would have been good, early Sep probably will be OK (subject to some possible weekend commitments). Can't bring a lever as we don't have one yet, but can bring a syphon and some beans.
  • on 1310885414:
    Oh, so you guys / gals got to look for a phone booth to be able to fit you all in  ;D ::) ;) :D ::) :P I guess if it gets over crowded you can move to a bus shelter  ::) ::) ROFLMAO...
    ha, ha AM... sounds like you had a good trip to Perth...  ;) Hi guys - just so you know, Ian Callahan's just moved to a new spot in Eastwood - probably the only Sydney or Melb - quality place in the whole of Adelaide at the moment, so might be a good location for a meet-up
  • Thanks for the kind words.  It's finally big enough to handle a few people meeting up, lol  ;)