frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Coffee Cups -

Comments

• I tried the silicone ones Muscles (got them as a gift last year) but didn't really like them.  They are used for juice now!  Now and again the silicone needs to come off because stuff starts growing under the silicone! :( I did get a few dual wall glasses for Christmas too, some small ones for me, and big ones for the Mrs Chai lattes.  Also bought 2 piccolo glasses from Clandestino Roasters yesterday too!  Very nice and the coffee there, excellent as usual.
  • on 1325771314:
    I tried the silicone ones Muscles (got them as a gift last year) but didn't really like them.  They are used for juice now!  Now and again the silicone needs to come off because stuff starts growing under the silicone! :(
    Nice, that'd certainly put you off your morning brew. :o
  • RichardM mentioned that Colin James Fine Foods in Maleny have some Terra Kerramik cappuccino cups in stock as well as some fancy-schmancy gold trimmed porcelain espresso cups (which I'm not a fan of). Nice spot tho, good fromagier too.
  • on 1325986858:
    RichardM mentioned that Colin James Fine Foods in Maleny have some Terra Kerramik cappuccino cups in stock as well as some fancy-schmancy gold trimmed porcelain espresso cups (which I'm not a fan of). Nice spot tho, good fromagier too.
    What's the price on those babies Kel?
  • When I was there a week ago, the TK's were $50 each. Not sure what the espresso's were (they are discontinued ACF's, for reference).
  • on 1325992045:
    When I was there a week ago, the TK's were $50 each.
    Bought a couple of the cobalt blue cappuccinos when I called in there early last year. $50 per set as Richard mentions. If you intend to buy it's a good idea to ring there and ask for Andrew (the guy who imported them) as he doesn't keep all the stock at the shop.
  • on 1325992045:
    When I was there a week ago, the TK's were $50 each. Not sure what the espresso's were (they are discontinued ACF's, for reference).
    Phwooooie!  You wouldn't want to drop one eh!  They look spectacular.
  • Not sure on the white and gold ones Brett, they're not my style so I didn't ask. Richard had mentioned that this version had thicker gold bands than the pics he posted, so I added these up for reference. And I need to get my wife a TK cappuccino cup.
  • on 1326006932:
    Richard had mentioned that this version had thicker gold bands than the pics he posted, so I added these up for reference.
    Looking at those pics, my memory is wrong. I did think they were thicker than that, sorry.
  • Was up there last weekend again. The browns are $23 for two, the white with gold trim $28 for two.
  • on 1330167799:
    Was up there last weekend again. The browns are $23 for two, the white with gold trim $28 for two.
    That's a great price but I reckon those colours are wrong for me.  I reckon the cobalt ones look unbelievable!
  • I like the white But I also like the Nuova point I have KK
  • Although fathers day was last week a parcel came today Its a present that arrived late  ;) Anyway it was ordered online by my oldest daughter A coffee mug with my KK logo She went into the KK site -  did a copy and sent it of to Vista print This photo is of the late fathers day present that arrived today Attachment not found.
  • on 1347333062:
    Although fathers day was last week a parcel came today Its a present that arrived late  ;) Anyway it was ordered online by my oldest daughter A coffee mug with my KK logo She went into the KK site -  did a copy and sent it of to Vista print This photo is of the late fathers day present that arrived today Attachment not found.
    Fantastic present!  How is the feel of the mug to use?
  • I got a nice little surprise from my mum for my birthday.  2x Bodum Pavina Double Wall Glasses 250ml.  I've had cheaper versions of the double walled glasses before and water got inside with dishwasher use (yes I'm lazy).  Seems the Bodum glasses have been updated with a silicone seal which they say is dishwasher friendly.  Sweet :) Also got a few piccolo glasses too from the Mrs which was a nice addition.
  • Nice! And happy birthday! All my wish list stuff is coffee related too! Pics?
  • Happy Birthday Lacehim!  The Bodums are fabulously dishwasher friendly and very nice to drink from also!  :thumb:
  • on 1347336806:
    Fantastic present!  How is the feel of the mug to use?
    The mug will only fit under the spouts at an angle So it's used for hot chocolate duties KK
  • is the shape of the cup important?  is it best to have a small base and wide top rather than the same size from top to bottom?  i'm guessing a smaller surface area at the bottom is best. yet to buy any specific coffee cups.  have been going through cupboards looking for anything around 200ml that will fit under the spouts.  always on the lookout for some nice glass ones.  maybe i have to stop looking in the cheap shops :D
  • on 1349306052:
    is the shape of the cup important?  is it best to have a small base and wide top rather than the same size from top to bottom?  i'm guessing a smaller surface area at the bottom is best. yet to buy any specific coffee cups.  have been going through cupboards looking for anything around 200ml that will fit under the spouts.  always on the lookout for some nice glass ones.  maybe i have to stop looking in the cheap shops :D
    Stacking cups are very practical and I use then at home Can be found just about anywhere but I went to a commercial catering place to get mine KK
  • Between these and the spoons you'll soon have enough to start a cafe or some such !! These are truly stunning but I fear my wife would put something as nice as these in the dishwasher irrespective of the value!
  • on 1349306052:
    is the shape of the cup important?  is it best to have a small base and wide top rather than the same size from top to bottom?  i'm guessing a smaller surface area at the bottom is best. yet to buy any specific coffee cups.  have been going through cupboards looking for anything around 200ml that will fit under the spouts.  always on the lookout for some nice glass ones.  maybe i have to stop looking in the cheap shops :D
    Depends if you want to do latte art. If so, a bowl-shaped bottom helps. 150-180ml 'tulips' will fit under spouts fine, as will 220-250ml 'bowl' cups from all the main makers (ACF, NP, Rockingham). If you buy rockinghams, beware the glaze is firm but subject to small cracks and staining. Beautiful cups Attitilio!
  • Got me a new cup and saucer today. Had to have it
  • on 1399956683:
    Got me a new cup and saucer today. Had to have it
    I have that image on many items in our household including a set of Greek demitasse coffee cups :) KK
  • I wasn't sure whether to revive this thread or start another. I went for the former  :P. I have been trying to find a set of InCasa "face cups" without any success. I managed to get a secondhand set from the eebs and I am totally smitten with them but would dearly love another set. I contacted Globe Importers in Adelaide and they said they will have nothing until April, it isn't that long to wait but I was wondering if anyone would know where else I may try. TIA, Sue :).
  • on 1426240742:
    I wasn't sure whether to revive this thread or start another. I went for the former  :P. I have been trying to find a set of InCasa "face cups" without any success. I managed to get a secondhand set from the eebs and I am totally smitten with them but would dearly love another set. I contacted Globe Importers in Adelaide and they said they will have nothing until April, it isn't that long to wait but I was wondering if anyone would know where else I may try. TIA, Sue :).
    I don't even know what they are sadly.  I understand the passion associated with 'the right cup' but am fairly boring in my own choices.  Reidel for wine and bodum double walled for coffee.  Perhaps by reviving this thread you've spured me on to considering other more interesting options.  I will admit to reading the rest of this thread previously and not been inspired so do you're worst CB!!
  • on 1426241635:
    I don't even know what they are sadly.  I understand the passion associated with 'the right cup' but am fairly boring in my own choices.  Reidel for wine and bodum double walled for coffee.  Perhaps by reviving this thread you've spured me on to considering other more interesting options.  I will admit to reading the rest of this thread previously and not been inspired so do you're worst CB!!
    I love my Bodum double wall glasses too.  I've got a few red ACF cups but haven't used them in ages to be honest.  I should get them out on the red Oscar for show! :) Sue, I googled that Brand and got lots of results, but no one mentioned stock availability.  You might have to ask.  April isn't far away though ;)  What style do you like?  I like my tulip cups, they got the most use, followed by the cappuccino ones.
  • I will get hubby to take a pic of the face cups later, I am dslr challenged and hubby just replaced a bit on the camera so I guess he would like a chance to put it through its paces. They won't be to everyones taste but I do love them-obviously  ^-^. I also have some double walled glasses I picked up from Cheap as Chips  :laugh: but I don't often used them, some Duralex latte and espresso glasses I got from the local supermarket along with some white cappuccino and espresso square cups on square saucers and some bright orange Salt and Pepper cappuccino cups I grabbed from one of the kitchenware places. I am eying off some mint green Rockinghams in cappuccino size and I have found some Illys I love but they are espresso and I am not an espresso drinker, $300 is too much to pay for something that won't be used :(. I'll post some pics later.
  • Here are the pics of my "faces cups" as well as some others. The white one I picked up for $3 in my local Foodland Supermarket, the cappuccino cups I bought from a kitchenware place at HarbourTown. 2mhzyw9.jpg 2ymw2hi.jpg 35je1ah.jpg vnp6xv.jpg 2w7ok6p.jpg