frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

2008 World Barista Champion

edited January 1970 in Barista news/Comps etc
and the winner is...

Ireland

2nd/Australia (Mr David Makin)
3rd/Netherlands
4th/Sweden
5th/Canada
6th/Denmark

Congratulations to all the competitors

Comments

• Congratulations to stephen on a fitting win, and also to david makin on a great performance - 2nd in the world is a fantastic result especially considering some of the great routines that I observed online! Cheers to all who competed and who contributed to getting the event off th ground Pat
  • An awesome competition. Congratulations to Steven for his win. Special congratulations to Dave and his team. I believe the difference betwen Steven and Dave was only 5 points. JD
  • Yes, congratulations David - second, at this level, is an impressive performance indeed. Congratulations to Steve also - have to admit I was pretty amazed when James from the UK won last year [having lived in the UK and being aware of the general level of espresso coffee there], but Ireland?? Formerly the best known beverage from those fair isles was Guinness, so that's pretty impressive! Well done! -A
  • Firstly, Let me congratulate all 51 competitors throughout the 4 competition days. For the 4th year in a row I have had the pleasure of being chair of the Judges Certification Committee for the WBC. Everyone involved has made a huge effort in maintaining a high standard for the baristas to work. The volunteers, judges, scorekeepers, runners, etc are always unsung heros - congratulations and thanks. Having the opportunity to Head Judge this years final was again an honour and
  • Hi Justin - thanks for that; actually just a quick reminder to members that we have two Australians heavily involved with the WBC - both Justin [head judge], and also Emily Oak [who writes with Crema]. Great to have two Australians involved at such a high level! -A