frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Versatile Green Bean Stash

edited January 1970 in Green Beans
Hi All

I've been over the last number of months working down my array of beans as it was like 28 coffees from 16 countries.... Which is okay for us to enjoy but I have been doing a number of baggies for work and a few others - around 2-3 bags per week (which is about all I want to roast in the behmor!).  Any my question is a stash of beans that should work work for blending and also as a SO.  My thoughts at this stage is:

1. Ethiopian Yirgacheffe
2. Sumatran Kuda Mas or Blue Batak
3. Columbian Bachue Supremo
4. I've got 5kg of each - Santa Clara & Pedra Redona.......

Jonty

Comments

• 40% -  Ethiopian Yirgacheffe 30% -  Sumatran Kuda Mas 30% -  Blue Batak Makes a nice mocha style blend mmmmmm KK Edited for clarity KK
  • Insert gratuitous plug for BH blend here: Any good Mexican (I l ike a Finca Cassndra) Any Good Indo (I like Blue buttocks or go long with Kuda Mas) Tiger Mountain (or MM if supply is an issue) A bright PNG All are great or espresso as SO and as a blend sensational.  Add 7% quality robusta for plus flavour (BH+) Then, then you want a change because you're tired if drinking the extremes the Centrals and Africans will be like mothers milk!  :thumb:
  • The creator of Blue Batak told me Limit use in blends to 20%
  • on 1370220097:
    The creator of Blue Batak told me Limit use in blends to 20%
    OK, I'll bite. What are the consequences of non-compliance with this rule?
  • I've just finished the Blue Batak as a SO, and it was lovely. :) Some good tips here though and I'll be using some of them to make up some blends soon.  Like Jonty my stash in all over the place with bits and bobs that I've bought, and I would like to reduce it down a tad.