frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Green bean and wholesale specials

edited January 1970 in www.beangreen.com.au
Has anyone tried the green bean specials or the wholesale specials?

I took a dive and ordered 5 kg of the green bean specials in addition to the usual 20 kg.

Not sure if I will get random kilos of single origins or pre-blended..

I would presume the wholesale specials refers to say, 5 kg of single origin leftovers from a 60 kg bag?

Comments

• on 1405516916:
    Has anyone tried the green bean specials or the wholesale specials? I took a dive and ordered 5 kg of the green bean specials in addition to the usual 20 kg. Not sure if I will get random kilos of single origins or pre-blended.. I would presume the wholesale specials refers to say, 5 kg of single origin leftovers from a 60 kg bag?
    Did you choose an origin if it was offered as a choice from the list ?
  • PNG NCT native organic is the current bean listed under wholesale 10kg.
  • And under specials is Mexican Pluma Organic and Guatemala Acate both 10 a kg Chester
  • Yes I saw the offerings. My query is those single origin offerings have been there a very long time and I,m not sure if they have been updated. I saw the quoted "" Green Bean SPECIALS $10 Green Bean Specials Assorted beans from around the globe. So many different tastes and profiles. Still Great coffees, some last seasons and lower grades."" It says assorted beans rather than one type of bean which is the Guatamala Acate from what I see...
  • Will be interesting to see what you wind up with, have to update us once you receive the stash.
  • Just finished a bag of the PNG NCT Native Organic. Very good for the price.
  • on 1405556979:
    Just finished a bag of the PNG NCT Native Organic. Very good for the price.
    I'm into my second roasting of these and I agree; @ $6/kg, great value, a smooth espresso and nice blend with the MM. Also, the Bali Shinzan from GB is going down very nicely here.  :thumb:
  • It certainly looks like it will be Guatamala Acate according to the one and only selection box. Will reveal my cupping results. I suspect it will go well n a four bean blend. Will also roast it as a single origin on the Baby Roaster for filter just for the heck of it. [emoji3][emoji106]
  • on 1405597476:
    It certainly looks like it will be Guatamala Acate according to the one and only selection box. Will reveal my cupping results. I suspect it will go well n a four bean blend. Will also roast it as a single origin on the Baby Roaster for filter just for the heck of it. [emoji3][emoji106]
    I have roasted a fair bit that Guatemala Acate - not a bad drop Gary 
  • The PNG NCT is ok , I think its very nice in milk based drinks, plenty of body.