frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Tips on beans suitable for Middle-Eastern/Turkish

Greetings everyone,

Can anyone offer any suggestions on blends that would work well for a Middle-Eastern/Turkish style coffee (using traditional gear of course)?

Much appreciate any guidance!

Fr. Coffee

Comments

• Morning Fr. Coffee, welcome to The Coffee Forum. Cant help with a suggestion, however I'm sure others will be able to. :)
  • on 1433289366:
    ...Can anyone offer any suggestions on blends that would work well for a Middle-Eastern/Turkish style coffee (using traditional gear of course)? Much appreciate any guidance!
    Welcome to TCF. My limited experience with coffee in Turkey itself is they dont blend, simply use a good brazilian FAQ arabica (there are a few), roast *well* to a "medium roast" colour (eg no darker than the colour of a northern Italian espresso blend) , grind to suit and use in the traditional pot. You will get a good traditional turkish brew. Hope that helps.
  • on 1433289366:
    Greetings everyone, Can anyone offer any suggestions on blends that would work well for a Middle-Eastern/Turkish style coffee (using traditional gear of course)? Much appreciate any guidance! Fr. Coffee
    Hi mate and welcome to the forum. My family (eastern european) has been making turkish coffee since I can remember. My mum always used a Brazilian or Brazilian/Mocha blend. Where are you based? if you're in Melbourne I can recommend a couple places to source some fresh beans ready to be ground.
  • Thanks to you all for the warm welcome! Hi GeekKopi, Thanks for the suggestion, indeed I've heard it said many times over that the Brazil Santos is ideal. At the moment I'm using a Brazil Santos + Mocha Suprema. I've used the Brazil Santos in many permutations, including Mexican, Colombian Dark, Kenya, Ethiopian Harrar, blends such as Italian Espresso. I'm based in the Northwestern suburbs. I've found some great traders in Brunswick. Any recommendations would be vastly appreciated. Thanks.