frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Spring has sprung the weeds are growing.

edited January 1970 in Off-topic
Bugger, that time of year again, spent the last 2 days in the garden pulling weeds, now I find I have a problem with the irrigation system :(

Oh well, guess the end result is worth the effort, must admit unlike Chauncey I'm not a born gardener. :-|

Comments

• I have scrub turkeys :( I am using movement sensor sprinklers but they aren't real effective.  I've tarped the area they want to nest but it hasn't stopped them trying to bring mulch and vegetation from elsewhere.  Suggestions that don't involve 12-gauge intervention?
  • on 1442311608:
    I have scrub turkeys :( I am using movement sensor sprinklers but they aren't real effective.  I've tarped the area they want to nest but it hasn't stopped them trying to bring mulch and vegetation from elsewhere.  Suggestions that don't involve 12-gauge intervention?
    Would a dog keep them at bay Brett, or are you not a dog type person? Scrub turkeys are not a bird we see down our way. :)
  • Would having the Webber bbq out in plain sight scare them? (Roast turkey)
  • on 1442359418:
    Would having the Webber bbq out in plain sight scare them? (Roast turkey)
    Or, perhaps like our American friends, a turkey decoy and a bow, what is it about Yanks and killing things. ::)
  • A dog is a big no, we don't have the time. I believe they taste like Kerosene.  I've no desire to harm them because they come with a big fine attached.  If not I'd gladly despatch the dominant male with a mallet.  Keep the suggestions coming....
  • Bindii and clover, when they fruit, are the bane of our lives which makes walking around the garden more than a touch painful. The other half does not believe in chemical intervention, so we spend a half hour therapy each day on our knees pulling out weeds using pliers. Satisfying when able to pull em out with roots intact. A bit nuts? Yes, i know. [emoji31]