frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

HOST 2015 Exhibition

edited October 2015 in Cosmorex Coffee
Some interesting stuff from the show so far>

Lighting conditions inside are very patchy / variable with all different intensities and lighting sources....will try to get a better handle on white balance tomorrow.

Comments

• Awesome pics FC. let me know when my Porsche is ready for collection [emoji3] What does VBM have on display? I heard they got some new creative things happening. Don't worry too much about white balance - just leave it on auto. Bump your ISO to 800 and shoot in aperture priority mode. That usually works for me. Any grainy noise from the higher ISO can be fixed later easily in post with noise reduction - or set you in camera noise reduction on at higher ISOs.
  • Great pics A. GK - I'm thinking you really don't want that Porsche I'm afraid.........unless you like to live dangerously and play a spot of Russian Roulette with expensive repairs from an inevitable IMS failure - definitely a certain $35+K bill that will, unfortunately, occur within it's lifetime (if it hasn't already). Look at the later model 997's as a minimum, or if you are super lucky and find a good example of a late model 928 - especially the last of the rare and oh-so-beautiful GTS......worth a mint these days. 
  • on 1445828823:
    Great pics A. GK - I'm thinking you really don't want that Porsche I'm afraid.........unless you like to live dangerously and play a spot of Russian Roulette with expensive repairs from an inevitable IMS failure - definitely a certain $35+K bill that will, unfortunately, occur within it's lifetime (if it hasn't already). Look at the later model 997's as a minimum, or if you are super lucky and find a good example of a late model 928 - especially the last of the rare and oh-so-beautiful GTS......worth a mint these days.
    I'll give the Porsche a miss then. $35K buys me a nice Dodge Charger rolling shell from the USA. To be honest I'm more of an old skool classic car guy. Raw power and toque of a naturally aspirated V8 connected to a 4 speed manual. Straight line acceleration is what it's all about. Corner handling is overrated, and so are safety features. /stir [emoji13] Great time to give my motor a plug on this forum. First start once it was dropped in the engine bay
  • Wow GK, you are a man of many talents and hobbies! Wonderful pics FC!!  It's like the ultimate candy-store for grown-ups.