frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Will the real BrettH please stand up?

Time for 20 questions again and this time I have pleasure in opening the door to Brett H's mind...I hope you enjoy the insight  :coffee2:

1. What

Comments

• Geez Brett, I never knew you were so "highbrow"  :rofl: :rofl: Enough of this fancy pants opera garb, get back to tiling - you know you want to  :D
  • on 1334139171:
    Geez Brett, I never knew you were so "highbrow"  :rofl: :rofl: Enough of this fancy pants opera garb, get back to tiling - you know you want to  :D
    Yeah, all I knew was he was a tall, dark haired, deep voiced man.
  • I have met the man And he is also a very nice person  :thumb:
  • Forgot to thank him for taking the time to play 20 Questions so: Thanks Brett  :thumb:  it was a good read for me and a few of your thoughts mirror my own
  • My name actually is Brett (country beginning with H)
    Brett Haiti? Brett Honduras? Brett Hungary?
  • Maybe his nickname is country beginning with H?? Are you always Hungary Brett?
  • Shall henceforth be known as  " the phantom of the opera" or just " the phantom" or  " the green apple phantom" or  " the phantom of the orchard" :rofl: :rofl: :P
  • Geeze ya go off to a rehearsal, leave the gate open and look what happens!!  :P Dutchy was my nickname for about two minutes but my school mates used to call me hollow for how much tucker I could hold.  My uni mates called me Chunder for how much luquid I didn't hold.  No green apples DX, just carrots!  Thanks again Marc for the format and for the opportunity.  :thumb:
  • You seem to have a fairly normal life though. My cousin is a opera singer, currently getting pulled every which way in London
  • on 1334178031:
    You seem to have a fairly normal life though. My cousin is a opera singer, currently getting pulled every which way in London
    That was my dream at one stage but Basses do take a long time to develop and family and other commitments make the travel difficult. Thus my work is like a seasonal heavy part-time job.  I have the best day job where I work with young singers and am released for performances by a organization that is generous and clever enough to see my singing as bringing prestige, professional development and direct industry experience for my students when they are chosen for professional opportunities. I have been very lucky and don't for one minute take my work for granted.  If your cousin is ever back in Brisbane drop me a line and I'll see if I can arrange for them to give a workshop to my students.  I like my studio to be open to all ideas!
  • Cool. I have no idea what type of voice she has (apart from a good one) but she is doing some pretty high end stuff apparently. http://www.stopera.org.au/artists/EleanorGreenwood.htm
  • I've known Brett for 20 years now and he's been a nice guy for the whole time I've known him. Although we did once fill that girl's room with scrunched up newspaper over a boring Easter break one year.....
  • on 1334202448:
    I've known Brett for 20 years now and he's been a nice guy for the whole time I've known him. Although we did once fill that girl's room with scrunched up newspaper over a boring Easter break one year.....
    We did help her clean it up too.  20 years... Steady on old man.  Funny, when I went back to Uni as a post-grad I was enraged that the students were seemingly sitting around chatting and not working.  Funny cause that's what we used to do. 
  • on 1334194968:
    Cool. I have no idea what type of voice she has (apart from a good one) but she is doing some pretty high end stuff apparently. http://www.stopera.org.au/artists/EleanorGreenwood.htm
    Very good. Looks like she is setting up for a great career.  Mezzos are a rarer voice type especially Rossini Mezzi though thats seemingly not her focus but it all bodes well.
  • I know she was having dramas at one stage actually getting any work because of her pigeon holed voice but when I last heard she landed a really big part in something. I haven't seen her for 2 years
  • Good news DX.  She's only young yet so she'll have to pace herself and take care.  Funny old game this opera thing!
This discussion has been closed.

Coffee Forum

@ 2024 The Coffee Forum, All rights reserved.

Policies

Social