frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Kelsey is a Proud NEW DAD !!!

edited January 1970 in Social
Little girl, born at home at 7.20pm last night.

Congrats and please pass on teh best wishes for the Lady that did the hard work.

PS. How many coffees did you have during the process ?

Comments

• Congrats Kelsey, always good having one of each :thumb:
  • Congratualtions!
  • I have to say congratulations to the new parents but also need to mention that Mrs Kelsey had some part in it  :tearhair: So contacts to both and with the baby makes thrice KK
  • Congrats and best wishes to the Kelsey family...  :thumb: :thumb: :coffee2: :coffee2:
  • Congrats Kelsey Now the fun begins
  • One coffee for myself and the midwives was all we had time for before things started heating up. Bub is Maya Scarlett and a healthy 4.05KG and 54cm. She's already and easy one - spent two hours snuggling into daddy's chest and sucking on a finger last night while mum was in theatre. Jus is doing ok, but wound up losing a lot of blood - they're considering a transfusion depending on how she goes tonight. Hoping they'll be home in a day or two.
  • All the best to Jus and yourself and super congrats Kelsey - top work tiger  :thumb: :thumb:
  • on 1343008008:
    Congrats Kelsey, always good having one of each :thumb:
    Congratulations mate.  Exactly! One of each is great  :thumb: Beautiful name!  Thoughts are with Jus while she recovers!
  • on 1343025730:
    One coffee for myself and the midwives was all we had time for before things started heating up. Bub is Maya Scarlett and a healthy 4.05KG and 54cm. She's already and easy one - spent two hours snuggling into daddy's chest and sucking on a finger last night while mum was in theatre. Jus is doing ok, but wound up losing a lot of blood - they're considering a transfusion depending on how she goes tonight. Hoping they'll be home in a day or two.
    Thank god we live in the age we do, where something like this is considered almost trivial, and certainly not life threatening! Congratulations, and love the name (though I liked the name so much I named my dog the same :P ) Looking forward to seeing photos of the happy family, and hearing how the Ollie is doing as well with the new addition. :thumb:
  • Congratulations, may this be the first in a lifetime of rewarding parenthood experiences.
  • Congrats. As father of two girls, I think girls are best, but one boy one girl could be considered to be the best of both worlds.
  • Yep, it's thanks to trained qualified midwives that we can have safe home birthing options. The particular problem Jus endured would've been just as much trouble at the hospital and taken the same amount of time while they waited for drugs to take effect (or not, in this case). It's a real shame that new legislation coming in next year will basically eliminate safe home birthing - meaning that only the free-birthers will be the ones doing it. Alone and with no official medical support. At present, the infant and mother mortality rate, even when taking into account congenital issues, is approximately on par with that of hospitals, if not slightly better. Once the new legislation kicks in it'll mean a rise in those mortality rates, which the pollies who pushed the legislation through will point to (as a self-fulfilling prophecy) that they were right. I'll get off my high horse now. Just very happy to have a healthy, happy little girl.
  • on 1343032529:
    Just very happy to have a healthy, happy little girl.
    Congrats Kelsey and you summed it up well above!!
  • :thumb: Yeah Mum & Dad. Go the booze and cigars and forget the coffee for the night :)
  • congrats mate! A
  • Congratulations to you and best wishes to Mum and Bub Kelsey, hope they are both doing well. :)
  • I missed out on all the news last night!!!! Congratulations Mum and Dad & little bub.  I'm so happy for ya. Keep in touch, I hope I'm allow around for a coffee and a cuddle! :)
  • congrats Bro! she'll knock the wind out of your sails! must be sooooo cute
  • Congrats Kelsey Ah... I like good news stories
  • congrats to all as a fellow home birther I welcome you to the fold, my wife also transfered for the first birth but no such issues for the secend - its an amazing way to come into the world - agin all the best and I hope your mrs is recovering well Pat
  • Thanks Pat, despite the little bit of drama at the end it has turned out ok with a happy bub and mum. It's certainly an experience I'd  recommend, provided the attending midwives are qualified and supportive and that the pregnancy is low risk. I'm hoping to bring them home today.
  • A bit late for me to chime in but CONGRATS Kelsey to you, your wife and family  :thumb: Glad it all worked out well for you all  :)
  • Thanks Muscles - and everyone else too!
  • glad to hear that everyone is ok - after baby numer two (as opposed to no two's) my coffee consumption doubled!
  • I suspect mine will need to as well. Obligatory proud daddy pic:
  • Awwww. All snugly :thumb:
  • She's a cuddly bubba alright.
  • they start out so perfect!