frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Sunshine Coast Social

edited January 1970 in Social
Small gathering at Pioneer Roastary, Yandina.  Will just be a coffee etc and a chat.  KKs driving up from Brissy, so if anyone else wants to come along your more than welcome.

Time: TBA,  but looking at Monday or Tuesday next week 30th or 31st.

Comments

• Most likely day will be Tuesday  :thumb: Will nut out the meeting time over the weekend but it probably be mid morning to lunch KK
  • Would love to come, but don't think I could take that much time away early next week.  :'( KK (and anyone else) you're welcome to stop by here on the way back.
  • we could possibly be in for a maybe, and that's definite!
  • KK,I've come down with a cold.  Can we postpone until later? I don't really want to spread this about!
  • on 1343534133:
    KK,I've come down with a cold.  Can we postpone until later? I don't really want to spread this about!
    As long as its in the next 2 weeks However I can drive to your place if need be KK
  • Man up Lacehim :D Youve probably spread it around before becoming symptomatic  :rofl:
  • Feeling much much better today.  Finally have energy.  KK, If you haven't found a suitable courier do you want to organise a time at Pioneer again?
  • looks like I could be driving to Brissy soon
  • Anyone from the sunshine coast traveling to Brisbane put up your hand  :angel: There is a coffee waiting for you made from a lever machine if you deliver an item for me plus some KKTO roasted beans and a nice conversation However if not I will make he trip up possiblly next Tuesday Please note - I have booked some rehab sessions ever Monday, Wednesday and Fryday So needs to be the in between days for a meeting @ Pioneer arround the mid morning period to lunch KK
  • on 1343872156:
    looks like I could be driving to Brissy soon
    If you are visiting Barazi I live close and can meet you there KK
  • that was the plan, I can deliver whatever you want do you have a spare 58mm tamper?  they only will give a plastic one with the machine.
  • on 1343873332:
    that was the plan, I can deliver whatever you want do you have a spare 58mm tamper?  they only will give a plastic one with the machine.
    Very much appreciated C-man The item is at Lacehims place it's one item of classic hi fi gear  Sorry I don't have a spare tamper I just have one only When are you planing to make the trip down ? KK
  • C-Man, PM me when you've fixed a date with KK.  You can pop over for a coffee and pick up the real to real.  It's heavy, but not that big! I don't have a tamper, but I'm sure Chris would bundle one for you.  Otherwise check out the coffee forums, our sponsors, ebay.  Coffee2Di4 has an ESPRO 58mm CONVEX TAMPER for $80.00 on CS.  Just remember to haggle! ;) A tamper is a very personal thing, what some like others don't so I would suggest you pickup a few and see how they feel in your hand when your visiting Brisbane. :)
  • And then buy a tamper stand for it  :D :D
  • If I go and if KK is busy I could just leave the real-to -real at the coffee place maybe? Lacey- will it fit in the boot of a MX5?  thinking of taking the wife's car to save on fuel I am pretty bad navigating in the city, most likely get lost. So everyone agrees that I should buy either the BZ02 or Kelsey's old BZ09? that's a thumbs up? I may go tomorrow (Friday)
  • on 1343878252:
    If I go and if KK is busy I could just leave the real-to -real at the coffee place maybe? Lacey- will it fit in the boot of a MX5?  thinking of taking the wife's car to save on fuel I am pretty bad navigating in the city, most likely get lost. So everyone agrees that I should buy either the BZ02 or Kelsey's old BZ09? that's a thumbs up? I may go tomorrow (Friday)
    That's a thumbs up for Fryday mate (remember they open on Saturday by appointment only) I will meet you at the time you arrive and we can have a play with a few machines and if you have time we can fire up the Barazi demo KKTO for a roast on the spot If you get lost we are only a phone call away But it's not hard to get to Coopers Plains and Lacehim has driven the route several times so when you meet with him just ask him on the most direct route KK
  • on 1343878252:
    If I go and if KK is busy I could just leave the real-to -real at the coffee place maybe? Lacey- will it fit in the boot of a MX5?  thinking of taking the wife's car to save on fuel I am pretty bad navigating in the city, most likely get lost. So everyone agrees that I should buy either the BZ02 or Kelsey's old BZ09? that's a thumbs up? I may go tomorrow (Friday)
    I would always choose a HX over a single boiler but your best bet is to have a play and see what works for you. http://www.bestcafes.com.au/forum/espresso-machines/bezzera-bz02/
  • C-man, PM sent re pickup of r2r.  Cheers. Go the HX I say too.  Kelsey loved his, but he didn't have it long! ;)
  • No, not going tomorrow change in plans after discussing with the Mrs.
  • Awwww, think of all the fun you could have had on the weekend with a new toy :( :(
  • Any plans to pick up a R2R KK?  Or have you found another mule yet? I think C-Man might have been barred from viewing expensive shiny things! ;)
  • on 1344162323:
    Any plans to pick up a R2R KK?  Or have you found another mule yet?
    I am free this Tuesday or next Tuesday if anyone in interested Meet at Pioneer If I leave Brisbane approx 9 am then it's a 10.30 to 11.00 meet up KK
  • I can't do this Tues, but could probably do next Tues.
  • I can't make this Tuesday sorry, got an appointment at noon. Righto, if nothing else is organised before for KK real2real then it's swap/coffee/social time on Tuesday 14th August @ Pioneer Roastery (opposite the Ginger Factory), Yandina at 11am.
  • That was easy  :thumb: Can't wait to meet up again KK
  • KKs Real 2 Real has been despatched.  Happy to still have a gathering for a coffee if anyone is up for it.
  • If your still interested in a meet up tomorrow can you let me know.  Otherwise I'll take it as a no, and I'll stay home where the coffee is excellent and talk on chat. :)
  • on 1344817403:
    If your still interested in a meet up tomorrow can you let me know.  Otherwise I'll take it as a no, and I'll stay home where the coffee is excellent and talk on chat. :)
    It's probably best to make another time and invite all again for a Pioneer meet greet & tour if the good folks will cater for us People may travel and make a day of it if it's a organised on a weekend All depends on the numbers KK