frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Queensland Coffee Championships

edited November 2012 in Barista news/Comps etc
[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)]Queensland Coffee Championships to be held this year over 18 November 2012. [/color]
[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][/color]
[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)]We

Comments

• Is it open for anyone to come and watch? If so at what time is it on and are there any admission fees to watch?
  • on 1353115991:
    Is it open for anyone to come and watch? If so at what time is it on and are there any admission fees to watch?
    The only information I have at present is for competitors https://www.aasca.com/competitions/2012-qld-detpak-aasca-barista-championships/ Lighthouse is a function venue and I would assume that there will be an entry cost And yes it's open to the public with an interest in coffee More information will be issued as its finalised KK
  • I shall keep an eye out thanks :)
  • on 1353230941:
    [color=rgb(51, 51, 51)]Congratulations to our Qld Sunshine Coast coffee professional  [/color][color=rgb(59, 89, 152)]Tim Adams Specialty Coffee[/color][color=rgb(51, 51, 51)]  AND a big well done, for winning the QLD Barista Championship 2013 in Brisbane today! [/color] [color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][/color] Scott Luengen - Queensland Latte Art Champion! and Josh Russell from Cup was the Runner Up! [color=rgb(51, 51, 51)]NOTE:  Cupping comp next weekend @ Josh's place at West End...[/color]
    Its hard enough to win once but twice is an achivement Congrats Tim KK
  • Nice one Tim.  Congratulations! It's great to see Tim around the Sunshine Coast, and his Tim Adams Specialty Coffee is appearing in more and more places.  I only happen across his mobile van now and again (he's usually down Marooychdore way), but if I see him I'll be sure to pass on our congrats!
  • I'd love to know if there's anywhere in Caloundra I can pick some up.
  • Some info here http://timadams.net.au/ about his cafe in Maroochydore, and mobile coffee. Why not post up on his facebook page to see if you can buy his beans. :)
  • on 1353231313:
    Its hard enough to win once but twice is an achivement Congrats Tim KK
    I think it might be Tim's third QLD win KK.
  • on 1353297231:
    I think it might be Tim's third QLD win KK.
    I must be jumping the gun and in my mind he won the Australian championships  :angel:  :stir
  • on 1353299059:
    I must be jumping the gun and in my mind he won the Australian championships  :angel:  :stir
    Fair enough too, he's got the ecpirerences & he's a queenslander. The complete package really
  • on 1353303720:
    ecpirerences
    Damn auto correct...... experience was the intended word