frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Indian Monsoon Malbar

Well just did a few roasts on the silver streak, all was going well when I thought I would try something a little different  :pan.
Had a bag of IMM sitting their so I thought I would roast a couple of kilos to try the pungent beast. Never having roasted it before I thought I was being cautious, lower drop temp into a slow ramp up, hit first at 8:19sec @ 166 dropped the heat back from 70% to 35% with 40% air expecting to hold first then to just run along slowly with a planned reduction to 25% heat at around 10mins and drop her around 14mins.

Well everything was running super smoothly (I thought), half way through FC the roast exploded into a spray of gunfire I quickly shut down the heat but alas too late straight from first into second, the oils started to shine like the hood of a show car. Dropped the roast with lots of smoke and a vision of me having to call my own crew to a fire at the bosses house.

Thought I had planned it all well, anyway needless to say no IMM for me this week  :'(

Tips or advice on where I went wrong appreciated, oh and some obligatory wise (ass) words of wisdom, jokes and quips of course  :laugh:

Chester

Comments

• :rofl: :rofl: Tis a fickle beast. The common advice given is that slow and gentle is the go. And knock a heap of heat out at 1st Crack. I have decent enough results on the hybrid without getting too anal about it but I'm only doing 1/2 kg.
  • on 1380781777:
    :rofl: :rofl: Tis a fickle beast. The common advice given is that slow and gentle is the go. And knock a heap of heat out at 1st Crack. I have decent enough results on the hybrid without getting too anal about it but I'm only doing 1/2 kg.
    I reckon your spot on DX and I've had similar success burping e KKTO or opening the door of the Behmor after FC.  Thing is, I reckon the bigger the batch, the more you amplify potential problems and the less time you have to fix them once pear-shaped.  I'd love one of the pros to contribute here.... :)
  • I'm no pro, but I can tell you what works on the KKTO.  I use a slow ramp (around 11-12 dregs/min) up to FC, then down to around 2-3degs/min from there onwards. The cracks are really easy to hear with this bean, but the colour is very misleading.  I use saved profiles and adjust and dump by that and final temp, instead of how it looks or sounds.