frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Kickstarter Craziness

So, changing the face of coffee eh!?  I prefer a good body but this is an interesting one nonetheless:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jimguldi/worlds-first-roast-grind-brew-coffee-machine

I don't know too many farmers that would sell direct to me as they seem to assert but it's all spin to sell a really interesting product and idea.  No I haven't subscribed but it's a cheap price for an excellent idea one big step further than the current grind/brew options.

6 minute roast sounds popper-like but in the video they show an element.

Comments

• So, all that stuff about de gassing and waiting days post roast is suddenly irrelevant, eh ?? I don't mind a bit of brightness in my beans, but this sounds bloody ridiculous. "Third wave" trendiness on steroids, here we come.
  • It's a neat design overall I notice that it's not for espresso but drip filter / percolator style coffee I prefer a few days rest time post roast As for farmer direct sales ? That can work but it won't work for Australia as we have quarantine requirements  KK
  • on 1384305074:
    It's a neat design overall I notice that it's not for espresso but drip filter / percolator style coffee I prefer a few days rest time post roast As for farmer direct sales ? That can work but it won't work for Australia as we have quarantine requirements  KK
    But we in Australia have a huge advantage: we have Beangreen and MyCuppa and Ministry of Grounds!  :thumb:
  • on 1384304994:
    So, all that stuff about de gassing and waiting days post roast is suddenly irrelevant, eh ?? I don't mind a bit of brightness in my beans, but this sounds bloody ridiculous. "Third wave" trendiness on steroids, here we come.
    I like KK prefer a rested roast for espresso but for Plunger and Syphon I don't mind the instant gratification of really fresh.  I suppose it would also depend on the beans and roasting method.  Remember that small closed-in copper roaster that needed no rest time because of the method!?
  • It's also an American product and it seems to me Americans really don't get the whole concept of resting coffee first, at least that's been my perception from HB, Reddit and other US-centric coffee communities.