frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Milk Jugs "BEST" for Latte Art

edited December 2013 in Accessories
Just thought to start a thread and ask what milk jugs members use for Latte Art
A review of your particular jug

Also I want to get a good latte art jug for myself
My current set consists with 300 ml & 600ml Rattleware

Have had both good and great success with them, but feel I can do better with a pitcher that has a better shaped spout for better controlled microform distribution for latte art

KK 

Comments

• KISS.  Tim Adams turned up for my training a few years ago with exactly the same jug that I owned.  A basic coffee parts 400ml jug.  http://www.coffeeparts.com.au/accessories/milk-jugs  He said you don't need anything fancy, but if you want to pour decent latte art it needs to have a pointy spout.  A total of $10, nothing fancy, you can buy 2. :)  I can get nice glossy milk out of it.
  • Espro toroid jug kicks escape portal. Although  I get results regardless of jug, the toroid is just awesome. Got it from Chris too. :thumb: http://espro.ca/toroid/
  • on 1388483709:
    Espro toroid jug kicks escape portal. Although  I get results regardless of jug, the toroid is just awesome. Got it from Chris too. :thumb: http://espro.ca/toroid/
    I think that I used that one on my last visit to your place - may have mentioned that I liked it KK
  • Nah, you used the jug that I fill the machine with  :D , which is still a good jug but.....
  • Any of the jugs for sale at coffeeparts.com.au do a splendid job. I have best results coming from the cheaper jugs in fact. Their pronounced but narrow spout helps. Anyone should avoid the rubbish very cheap Sunbeam and Breville jobs, or any jug that has a broad spout. They are only suitable for straight pours. It all comes down to spending time and practicing with the suitable jug. How it feels in your hand is important too. You need to feel comfortable holding that jug in order to be in control. For anyone wanting to learn, get the basics of steaming milk right first. Here is a useful link. https://www.fivesenses.com.au/blog/2013/09/03/a-video-on-milk-steaming-made-easy The KK method works well too. This method works best for me as my Simonelli Oscar,s steam arm only works in the neutral position, meaning pointing straight down.
  • A member just introduced me to this jug called Latte Pro Has temp gauge on the side http://www.lattepro.com.au Attachment not found.
  • I like 300ml jug of Incasa, it have standard and stylish design
  • on 1391214559:
    A member just introduced me to this jug called Latte Pro Has temp gauge on the side http://www.lattepro.com.au Attachment not found.
    Or you could stick on a thermometer to any jug.  ???  It even looks like the basic Coffee Parts jug with a thermometer stuck on the side in an indent.  Hardly revolutionary.
  • on 1391731444:
    Or you could stick on a thermometer to any jug.  ???  It even looks like the basic Coffee Parts jug with a thermometer stuck on the side in an indent.  Hardly revolutionary.
    That is very true I have been very busy with work and such lately that I haven't looked hard for a replacement One day I will probably walk in a coffee joint, see a milk latte jug I like, pay my money, and walk out with it I've never produced super hot milk, but I can see the advantage in having a thermometer on the side KK
  • on 1391736013:
    I've never produced super hot milk, but I can see the advantage in having a thermometer on the side
    For sure KK.  I'm putting an order in the Coffee Parts for some new seals for the Oscar.  One of the items I hope to buy are some stick on thermometers for my jugs.  I will probably buy the TempTag Stickon Thermometer ones (4 per pack and come in full, skim and soy).  The Espresso Gear ones are $15 for one!  ???  For a thermometer!  No way.
  • Trenton jugs are good. Incasa jugs are good but I prefer the 600ml over the smaller ones as the spout (on mine) is more pointy. I have seen a 4 leaf tulip poured from the side of a jug (round side, no point) but his skill far exceeds mine. Find something you like & learn how to use it.
  • As an after thought, perhaps a photo of the reviewers latte art should be posted with a review of said jug. No point buying a jug with a great review of latte art potential from someone who can't. Nothing fancy tho, heart, Rosetta or tulip would be my suggestion as they are more common
  • So after my idea yesterday I thought I'd kick off the photo & state the jug used, but for some reason this morning I really suck so I'll post a photo from a friend of mine who swears but Trenton jugs, this one was a 400ml. He is far better than me
  • on 1391912558:
    So after my idea yesterday I thought I'd kick off the photo & state the jug used, but for some reason this morning I really suck so I'll post a photo from a friend of mine who swears but Trenton jugs, this one was a 400ml. He is far better than me
    Excellent tangent to the thread Ronin I would welcome some snapshots of some latte pours but the poster must name the jug and a little review KK
  • Thanks KK. So below is my best today but I'm not happy with it. You get the idea but the top isn't right & I pulled through to the left. Anyway it was with a 600ml incasa jug. I like the pointy spout, it's much pointer than the 400ml incasa that I'm not a fan off. It's a big jug tho for the size coffee I like.
  • Resurrecting an old thread here. My main jug is a 450ml motta knock off that I purchased from evil bay at a quarter of the price of the real thing. It's thick stainless. Does the job nicely. Might even get some larger sizes. I find that it does help swirl the milk. Attached are a couple pics.
  • I bought some off the eebs, 3 different sizes, it doesn't really matter to me as long as they hold milk because I am not the larte type  :thumb:.
  • I did get a nice Jug from Barazi But after a little time with it I hated the handle now it's in the cupboard not being used Funny how little things can make or break a design So I like full welded D handle not the cut at the bottom type  :angel: KK
  • Why is the Les Mis girl in the top picture of the mug (reflection)? Love the design... I may need an early birthday present....
  • on 1432638834:
    Why is the Les Mis girl in the top picture of the mug (reflection)? Love the design... I may need an early birthday present....
    I just noticed that too. The pic is from the eBay advert. If you need the link to the eBay listing send us a pm.