frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Buying Green Suggestions

edited January 1970 in Green Beans
Hi Guys,

I haven't been roasting for ages, but it's the silly season so I should get back into it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for beans from Bean Green?

Comments

• A blend of Brazilian for choc notes, Colombian for boldness, Rwandan for character, Sumatran Mandelhing for body, with a dash of Indian or PNG robusta (5-10%) for punch and crema, you got a winner. Go 50% Brazil as a base and play with different percentages with the others according to your taste. Don't knock a good robusta as a small percentage in a blend. Roasted well, it will give your lattes, flat whites and macs a nice satisfying oomph. Have a merry christmas everyone.  :thumb:
  • Naghhh but I know a local roaster up your way that does a good job.    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: But seriously Lacehim, have to go with GatG  Brazil, Colombian, Rwanda makes a great blend add any fruity something to raise the acidity a little and add another dimension but fine as a three bean blend, The Rwandan is also great to roast on 2 different profiles then post blend them for a different spin, they also work as singles so three beans can give you a great deal of options. If all else fails come for a visit and a play in the new roastery. Chester
  • on 1418653549:
    Naghhh but I know a local roaster up your way that does a good job.    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Yeah but the courier is a bit unreliable eh C-Man.  :D :rofl: :pan :stir I used to roast a lot, but with the silly season all the places around here shutdown and I don't want to run out when I have guests coming. :) Thanks for the advice everyone.  I'll have a look on BG and see what catches my eye.  I've got some PNG robusta here too, so will use that.
  • Order placed with Brendan at Bean Green :) India Tiger Mountain A Brazil Daterra Estate - Sweet Collection Colombian Hacienda Curazao Supremo Rwanda Inzovu Cooperative Indonesian Sumatran Mandheling - Blue Batak Plus I have some MM, PNG Robusta left from my clear out at the beginning of the year.  I can't wait to get roasting again! :)
  • Great choice Lacehim. Should keep you busy into the festive season.[emoji320] My next order will be in 10kg lots as there are discounts to be had if you click on the kg box and then it drops down to 5 or 10 kg as well as 60 kg lots for certain beans, since I am roasting for friends and the restaurant. Is everyone aware of this great find? Free freight for orders over $75 as well as further discounts for bulk orders!! Great service Brendan.
  • I'm only roasting for me and my Mrs, so 2kg of each is perfect.  Wish I could get through 5kg that quick! :)
  • Good choices Lacehim  :thumb: We never close roast Christmas day if needed, roasterys not far from home  :laugh: C-man keeping your coffee eh? send me an email and get included on the Peregian delivery run in future. Chester
  • on 1418729276:
    Good choices Lacehim  :thumb: We never close roast Christmas day if needed, roasterys not far from home  :laugh: C-man keeping your coffee eh? send me an email and get included on the Peregian delivery run in future. Chester
    Sounds like a plan.  I was only giving him a hard time.  He's been busy of late and forgot to let me know he had them, and to be honest I forgot all about them but he started munching on them before he realised they weren't his.  :pan :coffee2: No harm done. :) I think when he gets finished we might have to pop up and see your set up.  The photos are amazing!  can't wait to see it in action.
  • Outside may still look like a work site but most welcome to come check it out over the festive season. Chester
  • Beans have arrived.  Another great order from Bean Green.  They even provide the moisture % on the bag for the beans.  Not sure I will use that info mind you, but a nice addition for some I suppose. Quick tidy of the roasting station tomorrow and away we go. :)
  • The indo west java sunda was very nice , but unfortunately I see its no longer available, It was the best indo I have tried.
  • just ordered a bulk lot from brendan looking forward to firing up the roaster!