frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Cold brew virgin no more.

We happened to be in the area of a specialty coffee place that has opened up pretty local to me yesterday afternoon after picking Matt up from school so we decided to toddle off and grab a coffee.
I had my usual skim latte and Matt decided he wanted something different so opted for a cold brew. I figured I had better have a taste, for research purposes of course, it was totally not what I was expecting at all. I thought it would be super strong and virtually undrinkable but no, it was tasty, refreshing and I could easily have gulped it down. Yummo.

I might head back and get a whole one to myself over the weekend  :thumb:.

Comments

• Fantastic stuff, now your next job is to start brewing your own.  Our very own pat has some wonderful tips for cold brewers and he's even experienced significant commercial success; so, ask lots of questions.... he might drop in.
  • Lol, Matt asked about brewing his own, I'm not sure that is good for a 16 year old although I don't mind him having the occasional one  :P. I'll go in search of some cold brew threads, thanks :).
  • Go Sue. Coffee geeking it up!
  • MAybe I need to change my name to GeekSue, just joking  :stir.
  • My online cold brew business is going gang busters and I'm just starting to break into the distribution market !
  • Good luck with it all Coffeeguy :).
  • on 1435026707:
    Lol, Matt asked about brewing his own, I'm not sure that is good for a 16 year old although I don't mind him having the occasional one  :P. I'll go in search of some cold brew threads, thanks :).
    It's probably better for most 16 year olds I see going to school with a redbull or a 2lt bottle of coke! lol I had some at cosmic_couples and it was nice, I liked it.
  • on 1435134240:
    It's probably better for most 16 year olds I see going to school with a redbull or a 2lt bottle of coke! lol I had some at cosmic_couples and it was nice, I liked it.
    You're right Lacehim, it would have to be. I am sure he has probably had the occasional sneaky RedBull or similar though. I really don't mind him having a coffee :).
  • Put me on this list.A small story.I have my wife domiciled in a nursing home which has a coffee shop canteen as the centre point for residents and visitors.Alas builders moved in to renevate the complete home.First casualty was the coffee shop and my wifes fully secured ward,she suffers from Alzeimers.Shock and horror,the wonderful day staff,a RN and three very caring staff have had to forgo their caffeine hit to resort to instant,not good enough.Onto the net goes I and 72hours later I have the Hario cold brewer.I enter a new phase and now keep these wonderful and dedicated people in a brew they can use with milk and microwave for their enjoyment.
  • on 1436472460:
    Onto the net goes I and 72hours later I have the Hario cold brewer.I enter a new phase and now keep these wonderful and dedicated people in a brew they can use with milk and microwave for their enjoyment.
    Mate, I reckon they would be saying the same about you! ("wonderful and dedicated")  :thumb: Well done, your karma will be in abundance, I'm sure.  :coffee2:
  • on 1436472460:
    Onto the net goes I and 72hours later I have the Hario cold brewer.I enter a new phase and now keep these wonderful and dedicated people in a brew they can use with milk and microwave for their enjoyment.
    Mate that is very awesome of you. [emoji108][emoji108][emoji3][emoji3]
  • on 1436599007:
    Mate that is very awesome of you. [emoji108][emoji108][emoji3][emoji3]
    I agree, well done :).