frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Reviews on Aussie Vittoria mountain coffee needed.

One of our customers from Australia has recently sent us a samples of Vittoria mountain coffee, (blending of 100% arabica). After tasting it, we found that this arabica tastes lighter than arabica from Vietnam. Is there any body here used to taste Vittoria? Is it a coffee brand of mainstream quality or specialty coffee quality?

Comments

• Hi mate Vittoria is mainstream commercial coffee.  It is enjoyed by Supermarket and Al Pacinos everywhere.
  • on 1457797104:
    One of our customers from Australia has recently sent us a samples of Vittoria mountain coffee, (blending of 100% arabica). After tasting it, we found that this arabica tastes lighter than arabica from Vietnam. Is there any body here used to taste Vittoria? Is it a coffee brand of mainstream quality or specialty coffee quality?
    Bear with me. Not trying to be difficult, even if that may be the way this comes across... If you found this coffee blend from an Australia roaster, using beans from sources/locations unknown, to differ from a totally different coffee from Vietnam as roasted by a different roaster in Vietnam, I certainly do believe you. The question you need to ask is....what does that mean? My reply would be that it means nothing, because the comparison was of totally different coffees roasted by totally different roasters. Enjoy both, for what they are. The brand is mainstream, but the blend you have cupped could be a product of theirs that is targeted to those that want a better quality than their (Vittoria's) regular offering. That is just a guess because I dont know.  the only way to know that, would be to buy a packet of their regular offering, and compare it to their "mountain" blend, to see if you think that one is "better than" the other. You then need to have an understanding of what "better" means, either to you as an individual, or to the market at large. Is it "specialty"? I dunno, but the question really is, is it a good coffee. This is complicated by the fact that it is a packet of coffee that is bought from a supermarket, therefore there is no control over the age of the packet and therefore how stale (or not), the contents of the packet are. If it is a "specialty" coffee, but is stale because it has been presented for sale in a supermarket environment and has been there an indeterminate length of time, can it still be regarded as specialty when the packet is opened, brewed and consumed? By the way, please do not quote me or reference me or copy any of this into your blog. Thankyou.
  • Thank heavens we have you to answer these questions FC!!  My answer to these type of questions is less PC!!
  • @ Fresh Coffee, I think that there could be some misunderstanding here as I felt that I was adverstising for Vittoria when reading though your comments. You can have the admin to check my IP to see where I'm from. Vittoria is a only Aussie coffee brand as far as I know. And when I researched on their website, I really admired them. I like the way they build a story for coffee. In terms of marketing, it makes new customers feel that the brand a family-owned and an old coffee house; but its coffee products have a noticeable market share across Australia. I see that it is really a case study of success.
  • Hi there. my above post replies strictly (and seriously) to the questions posed in your topic and nothing else, and was not an advertisement for anyone, although it seems your reply is. Hope that helps.
  • In answer to the original question "Reviews on Aussie Vittoria mountain coffee needed." Vittoria is an attractively packaged heavily advertised supermarket product aimed at the masses. Quality wise it's pretty much on a par with other supermarket offerings in Australia, that is to say that if you know and enjoy good coffee the Vittoria offerings are bound to disappoint. The best points of this brand are it's advertising and packaging, the coffee its self leaves much to be desired. :(
  • My thoughts exactly DB!
  • Oh lordy but these old posts are such great entertainment!!! Nice that some things never change. I did try Vittoria once, I'd got it on special to season some blender burrs.....let's just say it wasn't wasted on the burrs, lol!!!
  • on 1553328723:
    Oh lordy but these old posts are such great entertainment!!! Nice that some things never change. I did try Vittoria once, I'd got it on special to season some blender burrs.....let's just say it wasn't wasted on the burrs, lol!!!
    :rofl: *fist pumped into the air, trembling lip, fervent tear... screaming: “why does nobody think of the Burrs... the poor bloody burrs!?”  :rofl:
  • LMFAO!!!! Oh why oh why does this forum not have a "like" button?!?  Love ya work
  • on 1553328723:
    Oh lordy but these old posts are such great entertainment!!! Nice that some things never change. I did try Vittoria once, I'd got it on special to season some blender burrs.....let's just say it wasn't wasted on the burrs, lol!!!
    yes, you're right Kjarsheim, there are a lot of great threads here (which is why we keep them up). Great to have a fresh perspective on things! A