frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

What?

edited January 1970 in Off-topic
http://www.ibtimes.com.au/coffee-can-make-you-go-deaf-scientists-find-caffeine-impedes-ears-ability-recover-loud-noise-1521459

“Our research confirmed that exposure to loud auditory stimuli coupled with daily consumption of 25mg/kg of caffeine had a clear negative impact on hearing recovery"
Ummmm... I weigh 84 kg. So 2.1g of caffeine or about 26 coffees  ???

Stupid..

Comments

• Pardon? You'll have to speak up  ::) This just tells me that (U.S.) scientists are struggling to find "research" material these days to justify receiving their grants.  :stir
  • Yes... it's grim!
  • on 1468390613:
    Yes... it's grim!
    Now I know why Brett won't lend me his ears for second opinion of my audio system KK
  • Lol... after what Brett has recently spent on 'modest' audio gear he can't afford to dream big or get champagne taste ideas!!
  • on 1468479816:
    Lol... after what Brett has recently spent on 'modest' audio gear he can't afford to dream big or get champagne taste ideas!!
    But I only want to borrow your ears so I get a professional persons opinion that has orchestra experience to judge And you get nice coffee as well plus a KG of green beans ;) KK
  • Well I had that orchestral experience in spades recently on the QPAC stage as the so,list for Belshazzar's Feast.  It was singularly the loudest experience of my life and one of the most exhilarating.  Huge Orchestra, 2 off-stage Banda and a choir of 120 ripping me into some of the happiest shreds.  Awesome!!  I do promise to visit but time and I aren't friends especially during term time.  I'd also like to get my own 9.1 system screaming before I audition another.  I'm hoping to run my impressive mains off a decent 8 ohm 150w/channel minimum power amp.  I'm yet to purchase the power amp because my wife is now monitoring my frittering :(
  • You know that unless the source is recorded in 9.1 you won't get the full affect I have dismantled my 7.1 system and gone back to stereo with A class custom made amp Back to Nirvana again KK
  • Yep.... most of our movies now are only 6.1 or 7.1 ! Class A... That should be clean!
  • on 1468561742:
    Class A... That should be clean!
    And hot But unless you make the time you will never know  :angel: KK