frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Profitec Pro 500 Espresso Machine on The Block !!

edited December 2018 in K_Bean_Coffee
K Bean on The Block - WOW!!!  It started with a text from a guy called "Hans" saying he was on Channel 9's The Block and wanted a Profitec Pro 500 coffee machine for their kitchen for "Challenge Week." And no, not just any Italian coffee machine. He really wanted a Profitec because he had seen one and knew that they are very, very GOOD looking. After a quick chat with Hans I knew it wasn't some prank and I was ready to join the challenge. 

bf0628e1b80aefb19f125a2272551dfc.jpg

I had sold my last Profitec Pro 500, including my own demo unit, just a few days earlier. I had more units due the next week but that was too late as Challenge Week ended the very next day. After a few calls I finally tracked down the very last Pro 500 left in Melbourne. It was on the other side of the city, so I set out for on a 3 hour round trip. I really was part of the TV time challenge.

When I arrived at The Block it was just madness. A hive of activity with tradies, contestants and TV people just everywhere. They miked me up and then I went about meeting Hans and the team, then walked the gear in and set it all up in a very dusty, almost complete kitchen.

An amazing day and a very proud day for me. What a cool thing it is to create a hobby business and see it grow, and to get a little gig on TV like this a little cream on the cake - just amazing.

Thanks again to all of you guys who love my K Bean, and look out for me on Channel 9's The Block. 2018 Season, week 9 airing soon ...and good luck to the "Hans & Courtney" team !!!

Read more on my Blog:
https://www.kbean.com.au/k-bean-coffee-machines-blog-display/

7e395e76541370bb35273852f402fe0c.jpg

Comments

• That is SO darn cool mate, great stuff! And props for helping the guys out, will be sure to try and watch that one! Congrats, that's a really cool step in the journey of your business hey :)
  • Amazing!! Congratulations and well-deserved!!
  • on 1524996962:
    K Bean on The Block - WOW!!!  It started with a text from a guy called "Hans" saying he was on Channel 9's The Block and wanted a Profitec Pro 500 coffee machine for their kitchen for "Challenge Week." And no, not just any Italian coffee machine. He really wanted a Profitec because he had seen one and knew that they are very, very GOOD looking. After a quick chat with Hans I knew it wasn't some prank and I was ready to join the challenge.  bf0628e1b80aefb19f125a2272551dfc.jpg I had sold my last Profitec Pro 500, including my own demo unit, just a few days earlier. I had more units due the next week but that was too late as Challenge Week ended the very next day. After a few calls I finally tracked down the very last Pro 500 left in Melbourne. It was on the other side of the city, so I set out for on a 3 hour round trip. I really was part of the TV time challenge. When I arrived at The Block it was just madness. A hive of activity with tradies, contestants and TV people just everywhere. They miked me up and then I went about meeting Hans and the team, then walked the gear in and set it all up in a very dusty, almost complete kitchen. An amazing day and a very proud day for me. What a cool thing it is to create a hobby business and see it grow, and to get a little gig on TV like this a little cream on the cake - just amazing. Thanks again to all of you guys who love my K Bean, and look out for me on Channel 9's The Block. 2018 Season, week 9 airing soon ...and good luck to the "Hans & Courtney" team !!! Read about it on the https://www.kbean.com.au/blog/k-bean-coffee-machines-on-channel-9s-the-block?rq=The+block 7e395e76541370bb35273852f402fe0c.jpg
    congrats K-Bean!
  • Congrats Paul. Sounds like it was good hectic fun.
  • You need to update us on the episode the machine will be featured I work nights so have to record it for later viewing KK
  • That's awesome Paul, nice one! [emoji108] Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  • Thanks for all the thanks guys. Yes, what a great experience. I’m still beaming from ear to ear :) I’ll be on at the end of “challenge week” which is week 12 of the upcoming season. It’s based in St Kilda, Melbourne. Thanks again all. Paul
  • Season starts soon. I really hope I make the cut ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • on 1531229388:
    Season starts soon. I really hope I make the cut ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ah nice that's exciting!
  • Just got a first glimpse of the Profitec coffee machine on The Block. Very exciting. You’ll see a highly caffeinated Paul delivering it and setting it up on an episode this week [emoji4]
  • Profitec Pro 500 coffee machine on The Block 2018. Gatwick Hotel, St Kilda. 78b3fbc8afbabca4d31b8671abeb269b.jpg
  • Wow, very exciting, I'll have to try and catch it!
  • Like the look of that grinder!!! What is that mate?
  • on 1539655286:
    Like the look of that grinder!!! What is that mate?
    Hi Brett. That’s the Profitec Pro T64. It’s so good to get this sneak peak. I was a little scared that Breville would have seen the machine and removed it. So good to have a machine on TV that’s not the usual Breville or Sunbeam. Rare :)
  • on 1539661774:
    Hi Brett. That’s the Profitec Pro T64. It’s so good to get this sneak peak. I was a little scared that Breville would have seen the machine and removed it. So good to have a machine on TV that’s not the usual Breville or Sunbeam. Rare :)
    Yes... now you mention it I'm not used to seeing anything other than the domestic appliance class of machine on the TV!! I have a breville stand mixer and it's quite good but I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy a breville coffee machine. There's no wow factor on the bench or by comparison in the cup. I know, I know, some world barista champ will bang on about how they can get a great coffee from a breville or kmart machine but I can get a great coffee from a saucepan of hot water and some freshly roasted beans.  NEXT!