frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

ECM Controvento

edited September 2019 in Espresso Machines
Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone has the depth measurements of the ECM Contravento from the back of the machine at its farthest point to the front of the front feet, if that makes sense!

I am basically trying to work out if I can fit one on my kitchen bench, if it is just a dream or if there is some kind of work around.

Thanks, Sue.

Comments

• Measurements without portafilter is W 470 x D 640 x H 450 So the depth is 640mm so you need to add the portafilter length Plus it’s a sexy looking machine https://i.pinimg.com/736x/62/2a/39/622a39a2523331127a4eab6037fbe3ac.jpg KK
  • Thanks KK. I am head over heels for it lol. I have 600mm bench tops and I noticed the front feet are set back a bit  but I don't know if it is enough to enable me to be able to put it on the bench. A bit of overhang would be ok I think as long as the feet were firmly on the cupboard. I think she is a gorgeous thing and have my heart set on it but just need to know I can fit her in. Thanks again.
  • on 1568292400:
    Measurements without portafilter is W 470 x D 640 x H 450 So the depth is 640mm so you need to add the portafilter length Plus it’s a sexy looking machine https://i.pinimg.com/736x/62/2a/39/622a39a2523331127a4eab6037fbe3ac.jpg KK
    Absolute legend KK!
  • on 1568325972:
    Thanks KK. I am head over heels for it lol. I have 600mm bench tops and I noticed the front feet are set back a bit  but I don't know if it is enough to enable me to be able to put it on the bench. A bit of overhang would be ok I think as long as the feet were firmly on the cupboard. I think she is a gorgeous thing and have my heart set on it but just need to know I can fit her in. Thanks again.
    I think with the feet set inward - the machine will fit - but it will be prudent to call the distributor to confirm However can you put up with overhang and if the machines position is in a high traffic area - will you be bumping into it ? KK
  • on 1568331309:
    I think with the feet set inward - the machine will fit - but it will be prudent to call the distributor to confirm However can you put up with overhang and if the machines position is in a high traffic area - will you be bumping into it ? KK
    Ha, I was looking at it and was thinking if the feet were set inward I may just get away with it but wasn't sure if that was possible. Machine is in a very low traffic area, it's at the other end of the kitchen and the only time anyone goes there is to use the bin or make a coffee.
  • Well in that case you must have it! Tell hubby I said so. Also we need a full review with pictures! Here to help and my pleasure!
  • :rofl: It is a bit of a long term plan, perhaps 12 months or so. I think I will need all of that time to sort things out and of course to save a few $$. I'm trying to do it without asking hubby for any $$$.
  • Noice! Keep us updated!
  • That time frame is to long for me  :stir But at the $7700 AU listed price it’s understandable  :thumb: One thing that concerns me is the stainless steel boiler I’m sure someone in the industry can shed some light about known issues in other machines KK
  • on 1568241054:
    I was wondering if anyone has the depth measurements of the ECM Contravento ...
    Save some $ Sue. It’s essentially an ECM Synchronika with a body kit. An expensive body kit. Also, these don’t run 2 bar like the Synchronika yet so it’s not even as good.... Food for thought.
  • on 1568430621:
    Noice! Keep us updated!
    Will do.
    on 1568431548:
    That time frame is to long for me  :stir But at the $7700 AU listed price it’s understandable  :thumb: One thing that concerns me is the stainless steel boiler I’m sure someone in the industry can shed some light about known issues in other machines KK
    It is a lot, more than I thought I would ever spend on something like this. It sure is an upgrade on the DeLonghi Icona I started with  ^-^ Ha, something I never even considered was a ss boiler. Come to think of it, I don't even know what my Splendor has, I've never had the cover off, I leave that to the experts.
    on 1568639589:
    Save some $ Sue. It’s essentially an ECM Synchronika with a body kit. An expensive body kit. Also, these don’t run 2 bar like the Synchronika yet so it’s not even as good.... Food for thought.
    I had read that somewhere else too, definite food for thought but the Controvento looks soooo good. To be 100% honest I am not even sure I can fit one it and haven't had much of a chance to measure up and what not. Household illnesses took over. Sorry all for the late replies, I came down with a belly bug on Sunday and I am still not right and then junior jumped on board last night. As sad as it sounds the thought of coffee churns my belly at the moment  :(
  • Get well soon CB and best wishes to Bub! The Splendor has a copper 1.3l boiler.
  • Thanks Brett. I'm much better, still not quite 100% but 98% would be close. I've had the little one home from school all week and now my eldest came home from work with it last night so I now have both boys home with it. I've had no coffee for 6 days and still don't feel like I can face it yet.
  • on 1568791133:
    The Splendor has a copper 1.3l boiler.
    Thanks for that. I did wonder. So is there any advantage over one or the other or is it much of a muchness?
  • If your water is A1, you’ll never know the difference!
  • Unfortunately it isn't Brett. When the machine went in for a service a descaling wasn't necessary but the tech said it was a bit "sludgy" in the bottom of the tank. They told us to go to bottled water which is what we have done.