frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Copper Coast - SA

edited January 1970 in Cafe reviews
Florentino's, corner site Taylor Street Kadina, South Aust.
Small food and coffee establishment, food is uncomplicated and fresh, service is friendly and efficient, prices fair and last but not least, on the day my wife and I visited the coffee was well above average. ;)

Comments

• sounds good Db, but where the hell is Kadina - do you live there?
  • on 1281312343:
    sounds good Db, but where the hell is Kadina - do you live there?
    Nope don't live there, just visiting, its about 150 k north of Adelaide at the top of the York Peninsula. ;)
  • We paid this restaurant a visit yesterday for a relaxed lunch and were not disappointed. Italian inspired, the food was better than average, both my wife and I had fettuccine, she had a Napoli sauce which she said was very good, I had Putanesca which was good but I found to be overpowered by the overzealous use of olives. We ordered bread with olive oil and salt which failed to arrive, however a complimentary bowl of chips was served with the meal, it remained almost untouched on the table. The service from the very friendly staff was certainly above average. The owners have spent a lot of money on decor and it shows "perhaps a little over the top". The clatter/noise factor has been handled very well, unlike most modern Italian restaurants that seem to go out of their way to used hard noise reflecting surfaces the owners have done exactly the opposite making dining and holding a conversation without having to shout a very pleasant experience. Even the chairs are comfortable to sit in for long periods without digging in to your back. Coffee was above average "and in our case complimentary" the dessert cabinet looked very enticing although after a large serve of pasta we did not partake. Prices were a little on the high side, perhaps making it a special occasion place for many. Would I return? most certainly. The Bellagio is a culinary oasis in a desert of mediocrity, I congratulate them on their efforts and wish them all the best for the future.
  • At the request of Dry Bean Im poping this one up so we can splice a few threads onder the one column - all relevant contributions are welcome!
  • on 1303704289:
    We paid this restaurant a visit yesterday for a relaxed lunch and were not disappointed. Italian inspired, the food was better than average, both my wife and I had fettuccine, she had a Napoli sauce which she said was very good, I had Putanesca which was good but I found to be overpowered by the overzealous use of olives. We ordered bread with olive oil and salt which failed to arrive, however a complimentary bowl of chips was served with the meal, it remained almost untouched on the table. The service from the very friendly staff was certainly above average. The owners have spent a lot of money on decor and it shows "perhaps a little over the top". The clatter/noise factor has been handled very well, unlike most modern Italian restaurants that seem to go out of their way to used hard noise reflecting surfaces the owners have done exactly the opposite making dining and holding a conversation without having to shout a very pleasant experience. Even the chairs are comfortable to sit in for long periods without digging in to your back. Coffee was above average "and in our case complimentary" the dessert cabinet looked very enticing although after a large serve of pasta we did not partake. Prices were a little on the high side, perhaps making it a special occasion place for many. Would I return? most certainly. The Bellagio is a culinary oasis in a desert of mediocrity, I congratulate them on their efforts and wish them all the best for the future.
    How things can change in a short space of time, SWMBO and I paid this place another visit a couple of weeks back. The food was terrible, service almost non existent, thankfully a bottle of Seven Hill Riesling helped soften the blow, we left without bothering about coffee and won't be back there in a hurry. >:(
  • Found a hidden gem today, drove up to Port Broughton (50km north of Moonta) for lunch and had lunch at a place called Palete2Palette http://www.palate2palette.com.au/index.html We both enjoyed a gourmet beef burger helped down by a couple of glasses of South Aust white wine. Finished off with coffee of course, Heather had her usual cappa which she declared drinkable, I had a shot which had potential, quite good crema, better than average flavour, however, it was closer to 50ml than 30 and consequently was way to thin. How did I rate them, service 10 out of 10, bloody brilliant, food 8 out of 10, coffee 6 out of 10. Check out the web site, its a very interesting place, as well as the restaurant they have a gallery with above average art work, lots of old local photo's on display and the owner, Grant tells me they have live music once a month (bookings essential) ;D