After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.
Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.
So my la Pav has had a new seal kit in and around the group, a clean of the boiler and thanks to Mark QM0996 a new cord... But the darn thing started leaking out of the boiler. I removed the element plate for a look and there's no gasket... A bit of scale but no gasket!! I've cleaned the fitting and run some PFTE tape, re-sealed and fired it up. All good!
Am I better of making a silicone gasket, sourcing an o-ring... Or leaving well enough alone now that it's happy. I will fire it up every night this week but I want it for next weekend when I'm off on a music-camp.
Thoughts please brains-trust.